Sign in to follow this  
SideTraKd

NF4 Expert Chipset Temps

I've searched the forums, and there are a couple of threads that do address temp issues, but none that quite address the issue that I am having.

I am running dual 7900GTX cards on my board, and, unfortunately, the stock cooler on the first card partially covers the chipset fan on my Expert board, which is apparently resulting in the high temps that I am experiencing with my chipset (58c idle).

At this point, I'm unsure what to do about it. I would love to move to a water-cooled system with a couple of dangerdan sinks on the GPUs, but I don't have the money to do it right now.

If anyone has any innovative ideas, I would love to hear them, but in the meantime, the biggest question on my mind is "am I in dangerous temp territory at 58c?"

I've seen a couple people say that the chipset can handle temps of upwards of 120c, but I sure don't want to push it that far... :(

Thanks... I missed that thread... nice guide too :)

I will do that as soon as I can pick up some AS5 tomorrow...

In the meantime, are my temps high enough to warrant concern? I hit 64c under load... :(

Thanks... I missed that thread... nice guide too :)

I will do that as soon as I can pick up some AS5 tomorrow...

In the meantime, are my temps high enough to warrant concern? I hit 64c under load... :(

Too hot for my liking, what are your other temps i.e. PWMIC and CPU?

may want to invest in the evercool vc-re... can be found on jab-tech.com... seems most people gain 5-8 C in temp from installing it

I have a feeling that I wouldn't be having this problem at all, if it weren't for the fact that the stock 7900GTX cooling shroud covers more than half of the chipset fan. I'm just at a loss on what to do about it. The air flow is definitely restricted, and since the 7900 is the first card that I've seen from nVidia with stock cooling that takes up 2+ slots, I can't even revert back to a single slot air cooling solution for that card in order to clear the space over the chipset fan.

I may just be forced into investing in water cooling, which I have run out of money for lol... :sad:

I have a feeling that I wouldn't be having this problem at all, if it weren't for the fact that the stock 7900GTX cooling shroud covers more than half of the chipset fan. I'm just at a loss on what to do about it. The air flow is definitely restricted, and since the 7900 is the first card that I've seen from nVidia with stock cooling that takes up 2+ slots, I can't even revert back to a single slot air cooling solution for that card in order to clear the space over the chipset fan.

I may just be forced into investing in water cooling, which I have run out of money for lol... :sad:

Most cards people are running hover over chipset fan now... but even still the 5-8 C drop in temps is still expeirenced... its probably worth $12 to try it