3dmark06 Scores

red930

need advice on my purchase of the x1900xt/7900gtx.. i wanna see your 3dmark scores if you own the x1900xt of the 7900gtx..

also for the 7900gtx is the eye candy pretty good? i know it wont live up to ati (cause nvidia doesnt use that hdr crap that hl2 implements--dammit) but is it still pretty attractive? this is like the only thing thats barring me from my purchase of a 7900gtx.

any help would be appreciated.

sorry for spamming the forum :P

Guest Synchronize
(cause nvidia doesnt use that hdr crap that hl2 implements--dammit)

I think it does, you sure your not getting it mixed up. Cos i thought it was ATI that didn't have HDR support. Idk i could be wrong.

It's not that nVidia can't do HDR, it's just that at High Res, Nvidia cards have a hard time doing both HDR and AA. The ATI cards fare slightly better there.

Both are amazing cards, and there is nothing on the market game wise that will drop one or the other down to unplayable framerates at any almost any res.

Who plays at higher than 1600x1200 anyways?

keep in mind all 3dMark benches are synthetic and while they can show how a card can perform under certain circumstances (scripted) with certain DX features (HDR, SM3.0, etc), they cannot give you any idea of how they will perform in a real game like HL2, FEAR, Quake4, etc

you should be asking for a timedemo bench result from a real game, as well as what amount of memory and what cpu speed were used during the timedemo/bench result.

keep in mind all 3dMark benches are synthetic and while they can show how a card can perform under certain circumstances (scripted) with certain DX features (HDR, SM3.0, etc), they cannot give you any idea of how they will perform in a real game like HL2, FEAR, Quake4, etc

you should be asking for a timedemo bench result from a real game, as well as what amount of memory and what cpu speed were used during the timedemo/bench result.

yeah my bad angry i was doing research on google and found that 3dmark and stuff doesnt tell you...

i how the review websites review the cards by fps.. i mean since the human eye can only see at 30fps whats the point of anything higher? ......

sry. can anyone take what angry just said and apply it?

Who plays at higher than 1600x1200 anyways?

I do...lol :nod:

lol, i play it at like 1280xsomething cause of

1) agp express

2) its a damn fx5200, the only compatible card i have thatll work with it XD

i still pull off like 40-50 fps tho, which is damn good :D