Cold boot problem

Hey guys ive been recently having a problem with my computer not booting up properly after a complete shutdown. What happens is the monitor recieves no video and the computer seems to start up normally but then gives me a long beep. Whats weird is that if i power off, and then power on again it boots up fine. If anyone has a clue as to why this is happening it would be greatly appreciated because it has been bugging me for a long time.

• 8 months later...

So I am being a good guy and using the search function. My MoBo is doing the same thing. I have to reseat the RAM in order to get it to boot and that does not always work. Sometimes just leaving it over night works.

Is this "COLD BOOT"?

Does it matter which slots my RAM is in? I know when I was building this system I had to use the Yellow slots for the dual channel. Do newer BIOS version make it not neccessary to use a specific colored slot?

Nobody answered this guy, I hope someone will answer me.

Are you removing and installing the memory with the power supply plugged in?

Since I posted this two minutes ago in another thread I guess I can post it again.

From the owner's manual:

Page 7

Q: How can I obtain good performance on an overclocked system?

A: Insert two identical broad bandwidth memories in DIMM 2 and

DIMM 4

Page 21

We recommend inserting DIMMs in DIMM 2 and DIMM 4.

So that would be the orange slots.

Are you removing and installing the memory with the power supply plugged in?

Since I posted this two minutes ago in another thread I guess I can post it again.

From the owner's manual:

Page 7

Page 21

So that would be the orange slots.

The problem with your suggestion as it relates to my problem is 1) the owner's manual is vary old. And hardly takes into consideration BIOS revisions and kinks that end users have worked out.

The other thing is, my system has been running stable for more then a year. But as I have asked this information in another thread, I will wait until I upgrade my PSU before I go any further with the Cold Boot issue.

The only help I am going to be looking for now, until I upgrade the PSU is about which BIOS I should be using and why my case mounted front slot USB slots don't work.

Thanks for all the help.

Hello,

If you have bios 623-3 leave it at that otherwise use the latest official bios.

Front case USB wires plugged in the correct pins on the board's USB header?

VCC = pin 1 and 2 = red wire

Data- = pin 3 and 4 = white wire

Data+ = pin 5 and 6 = green wire

Ground = pin 7 and 8 = black wire

But as I have asked this information in another thread, I will wait until I upgrade my PSU before I go any further with the Cold Boot issue.

No need having two threads about the same thing.