SATA Potential Problems

My proposed build is in my sig

HOWEVER i hav eheard of people having SATA problems with this board, flashing the BIOS is no problem as i have access to a family computer and 2 floppy drives

but i am unsure as to whether to get the SATA for the performance and awesome cables or to get the ATA133 version for its pretty much guarantee to work

My proposed build is in my sig

HOWEVER i hav eheard of people having SATA problems with this board, flashing the BIOS is no problem as i have access to a family computer and 2 floppy drives

but i am unsure as to whether to get the SATA for the performance and awesome cables or to get the ATA133 version for its pretty much guarantee to work

I'm currently running the same board with an 80GB Seagate SATA drive in SATA1 port with no problems with stock BIOS or updated.

What problems have you heard about?

I'm currently running the same board with an 80GB Seagate SATA drive in SATA1 port with no problems with stock BIOS or updated.

What problems have you heard about?

maybe you should do what I've already warned 8 users today to do and read the rules and make a sig

my next reply, should you choose to ignore this advice, will be less enthusiastic than this one.

i had heard about people having a helluva time getting windows to recognize that there IS in fact a SATA drive in there, or to even accept the F6 drivers

or does this baord have the option to make SATA recognized as ATA?