Using speedfan to monitor GPU temps

perdo

Has anyone got Speedfan to read their nvidia GPU temps? I've successfully got Speedfan controlling my case fan, but I want it to automatically increase the fan when I start playing a game.

I've got temp monitoring of my 6600GT in NVTempLogger and Display Properties, so I thought it must be possible to get it in Speedfan too.

There is a way, but I don't know either :O Speedfan recognizes the "Ambient Temperature" sensor that's on my 6800gt, but I don't know how to get it to read the gpu temp. I've seen screenshots from someone at SilentPC Review's forums that had speedfan monitoring and controlling the fan on their 6600gt a little while back.

Edit: Actually I figured it out, the video card will use a sensor labeled MAX6648 I believe. For my 6800gt, the "Local Temp" in speed fan is the card's "Ambient" temp. The "Remote Temp" is the gpu temp. You might have to go and under the "Configure" section in the "Advanced" tab to offset the temp reading. I just compared what Speedfan was reading to what the nVidia panel was showing. I had to offset the "Remote Temp"/gpu by 10. You can also rename the items in the "Temperatures" tab.

Edit: Actually I figured it out, the video card will use a sensor labeled MAX6648 I believe.

My 6600gt doesn't seem to have that sensor. These are the ones I have in Speedfan:

speedfanchips7va.jpg

Mbetea's got it right. Local and remote are ambient and core for vid card. I set mine up exactly the way Mbetea is telling you.

I use speedfan for my 6600GT. The sensor (for me) is called LM99. I don't see that in your picture. I am using speedfan version 4.28---the latest

If your using an older version dump it and get 4.28

When I set up my 6600GT temp desktop monitoring output, I used Rivatunner and Serious Samurize. I wasn't aware Speedfan was that advanced yet. MBM5 is outdated for anything much past 3 years ago.

BTW Rivatuner will also control your card fan speed as long as it's pwm controlled. I've got mine set to 50% when in 2D mode.