Sign in to follow this  
Jachyra007

OCZ Rebates

Hello all...I am on the verge of purchasing a set of OCZ5002048ELGEGXT-K at Newegg, originally $204 with a $40 mail in rebate. But from what I've read on Newegg reviews and other sites, people have so much trouble in actually receiving the rebates.

Are those just isolated events, and those few people are just being very vocal about it, or is it a re-occuring theme, and I should be worried? The rebates listed for the OCZ GX's runs out tomorrow, and I would like to get a bit of clarification.

Thanks

Well, I found something that might stop people from getting their rebates.

I ordered mine from outpost on the 24th of march, printed out a rebate form (the rebate supposedly expired on the 28th. On the form, it said valid for purchases between 24th and 28th. On the 29th I go back to print another one out, because i misplaced the old one, It was valid on purchases from the 29th to the something.

So if you use the wrong one, i guess you dont get your rebate, luckily, I found the first one.

Getting a rebate out of a company is like draining blood from a turnip sometimes. Guess I’ll have to go look at that rebate thread, as there is supposed to be a $40 rebate on my OCZ memory I just got a couple of days ago, but I didn’t get it at the egg, I got it from ZipZoomFly.

Rebates are just a sales pitch to get more of your money. I did not buy my memory because it had a rebate, but it was the memory I wanted, and I was already ordering other stuff from ZZF, so what the heck, I’ll apply for it and be shocked if I actually get it.

Edit: Good thing I saw this thread, or I’d have forgot all about it. Gots to get it into the mail by April 12, and it’s a $50 rebate, not $40. :cool:

Which memory was that, and think you could toss a link my way?

Here it is, but the rebate expires tomorrow for the sales date. I don’t know if you order online on a Sunday if that becomes your purchase date, but I ordered mine last Sunday, and the packing list that came with the stuff I ordered is dated last Sunday, so you have just under 24 hours to decide, and order if my figures on the dates are right. ZipZoomFly is in Calif in the Pacific Coast time zone. http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...oductCode=85201

Not bad, but I'm still going with my GX's. Just ordered them a little bit ago. Hopefully today does count as the purchase date, but if not, I'm still getting a kicka** set of ram. Depending on that famous Newegg lightning shipping policies to get it postmarked by the 12th. :rolleyes:

Edit: Actually, now that I look, zipzoomfly has the same set of ram with a $35 mail in rebate expiring on the 13th - http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...oductCode=85204

Guess I'll have to order them both and see which rebate gets back the quickest, right? :shake:

I believe from what I have read that OCZ is a good, responsible company.

I have done at least 50 rebates in the past few years with different companies and have never been stiffed. The reason most people get stiffed is, "they don't pay enough attention to the requirements"!

The one thing that I don't like about OCZ's rebates is, you have to send the original purchase receipt; no copies. This is a bit out-dated, since most major companies now allow copies. If you have the UPC code from the package, that should be proof of purchase and copy of the receipt should suffice.

Just my $.02.

Original purchase receipt? The only receipt I get is through email via Newegg. So technically every receipt I give can be considered an original or copy, depending on how you look at it.

Original purchase receipt? The only receipt I get is through email via Newegg. So technically every receipt I give can be considered an original or copy, depending on how you look at it.

That’s all I have too, and I wonder how they would handle that if you send that in as an original receipt. Seems like they should accept it.

As for my last post, I was filling out the rebate form today only to discover that I bought my memory two days too early, so the rebate is out for me. Grrrrr.

That’s all I have too, and I wonder how they would handle that if you send that in as an original receipt. Seems like they should accept it.

As for my last post, I was filling out the rebate form today only to discover that I bought my memory two days too early, so the rebate is out for me. Grrrrr.

the newegg receipt via email is your recipt... print and send it!!

Sign in to follow this