trying to build a machine without a video card = won't work

Alright, like an idiot i just got the NF4 SLI-D mobo as my first ever build and i have actually been pretty satisfied with myself up until now.

I have mounted the PSU and strung the cables, put in the processor with the heatsink fan connected to the port its supposed to go to, the ram connected, case fans connected, i have my sata hd connected with power and sata cable, i have my ide drive connected and powered, and am still pretty confused with the led lights. I turned on the psu and hit the power button and was really scared i was throwing 2k down the drain but luckily two led lights lit up yellow. One to the lower right of the ram and one below my pci network adapter (yellow as well). My video card hasnt arrived yet but im trying to do as much of the setup as i can today, before spring break ends (i have an lcd screen tho). I have no idea what those leds mean and other than the leds, nothing moved or made a sound. Can you PLEASE tell me is wrong with my setup?

you should never try to build the rig without all the necessary core components (psu, cpu, memory, video, motherboard).

the amber/yellow LED's means your board is getting power.

the red LED's are diagnostics, and are explained in the manual

however, without all the core components, you will never know for sure if everything is going to work properly.

You should also peruse the top sticky thread about "Initial Build With Pictures" as it shows you step by step of exactly how to set the board up the first time to make sure everything is going to work properly.

Thank you, sorry im new

most that come here are new so don't be sorry, just be willing to read read read and listen to what we tell ya (and more or less those of us like me or rgone who work for DFI and do this EVERY SINGLE DAY for a living, or the mods who were chosen because they have worked with this stuff long enough, and some of the users like CPDMF and others who have plenty of experience with DFI specific setups).

the one important lesson you will be taught by your choice of DFI motherboard is that you had better read read read read read and don't be afraid to learn learn learn learn (which means you gotta read read read read lol)

I followed the tutorial, have all 4 power cables connected and have both yellow lights on. I boot via the soft button (or w/e it's called) and the diagnostics turn all red then stay there for a second, then there are 3, another second, there are 2, another second there is 1. So it seems as though the problem is the proccesor (right?). I put the processor in correctly (it went right in with no trouble at all, did the whole thing with the metal pole) and the cpu fan works. Can you guys tell me what the problem is?

Oh okay, so once i get into windows i will know if any of this is a problem? Cuz right now my video card hasnt arrived but my screen has. Okay, thanks a lot

didn't I tell you earlier to NOT try and put your machine together without all the core components?

please stop wasting forum space trying to solve issues when you don't even have all the proper hardware to make a machine run