Calibrating CPU Temperature

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for methods used to calibrate CPU temperature.

cpu temp sensors are calibrated with bios updates

teh new Venus/Expert bios that has the ability to 'offset' the cpu temps is actually a poor solution to the problem of the cpu temp sensor not being calibrated correctly with a bios update.

but since you have a non-Expert/non-Venus board, there's no need to 'calibrate' your temp sensor since it should be working properly.

I hate to disagree with you, Angry, but even with C 'n' Q enabled, it's kind of hard to get to 20c on a CPU when it is 24c ambient. Even on water cooling. I'll buy the other temps, but not the CPU.

temo5ue.jpg

you are one of the very very very few that have a temp issue with the original NF4 boards

the Expert/Venus board I can see as I have the temp problem with my main rig (but my test rig is calibrated correctly)

99% of the original Lanparty NF4 boards are calibrated correctly. If yours is not, you have a couple of choices

flash to a different bios to see if that resolves it, or RMA the board with specific instructions to fix the temp calibration (most just live with their temp being out of order though)

the point is, there's no way to calibrate the temp sensor without either a bios update or putting an entirely new temp sensor on the board

I just add 10c to MBM and that makes it a little more realistic even though 10 may be too much.

yep I have to add 10C to the Main Rig in my sig but my test Expert is dead on (as close to dead-on as one can get without actually getting down and dirty with a scientific thermometer etc lol)

Ive set mine on 25*C and it holds 24-25*C, Also got 2 of my temp. sensors on my Aerocool coolpanel2 on the Cpu (One between ram and cpu and the other one under the boxed fan between the spreads. They show 24*C and 25.1*C...