Sata Raid

Guest Timmay_merged

Guest Timmay

Just a quick question.

On the above motherboard there are 8 stat conectors, 4 Controled by the Silica chip and 4 by the NF4 chip (?!?!?!) what would be the best to use to set up RAID 0 on.

Are they all locked?

All are indeed locked. For a RAID0, I would definitely use the nVRAID as it is tied to the PCIe BUS instead of the PCI bus. The PCI bus can saturate quickly with a RAID0 running along it and this, coupled with any demanding PCI cards you might have, makes sense to use one on the PCIe dedicated bus :).

I assume 4 are nV and 4 are SiI 3114?

NV SATA = superior

they are all locked

Angry, do you have any idea if you'll start using the SiI 3132 RAID chipset on your motherboards? It's a PCI-e native and actually a good performer. Natively supports RAID0, 1, 0+1 and with a port multiplier [5?] and 10 too (got a PCIe x1 RAID card with that chipset and it's fast).

I just can't believe the old chipset still hanging in there :P. I think ASUS use the new one (A8N32-SLI Deluxe - though know that has 40 lanes rather than 20).

Angry, do you have any idea if you'll start using the SiI 3132 RAID chipset on your motherboards? It's a PCI-e native and actually a good performer. Natively supports RAID0, 1, 0+1 and with a port multiplier [5?] and 10 too (got a PCIe x1 RAID card with that chipset and it's fast).

I just can't believe the old chipset still hanging in there :P. I think ASUS use the new one (A8N32-SLI Deluxe - though know that has 40 lanes rather than 20).

I really bitched up a storm when the RDX200 (ATI Crossfire) boards were not SI3132 enabled, and were still stuck with 3112A 2x2 SATA I

especially when I received an engineering sample ATI RDX200 based motherboard from another motherboard mfg that DID have 3132 on it...and it knocked the pants off the Lanparty RDX200 RAID *sigh*

I never use RAID0+1 nor RAID5 so I could care less if the controller supports it

but I do use RAID0 and RAID1 on all of my main rigs so this is very important to me

and besides...I'm always down with trying new things, so of course I will try a different RAID solution should a decent one become available!

Guest Timmay

Just to add to my question, Is it clearly labed as to which one is controled by what?