DFI Expert new BIOS BETA

I think if the Venus has no problems then DFI wants everyone to jump on the Venus and make more $$$$$$$ that is the bottom line in the corprate world, why are you guys so suprised about this?Just a thought:D

The Venus boards suffer from the same exact temperature problems. They weren't even bright enough to fix it before sending out the Venus... that said, there were only 1000 Venus boards released. their goal was not to upsell anyone, but rather market them as a "limited deluxe edition" of some sort...

better capacitors and wider spacing between sli slots. yay.

the irony is that the Venus boards suffer most of the same problems as the Expert.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is crazy for that kind of $$$$ that they want for a Venus board atleast they should have fixed all the minus before sending it out, like I said before it is all about the benjimans$$$$$, corprate world. buttom line.

When you buy a ferrari you want it to work DFI market themselve as a ferrari and you get bits that remind you of a skoda its ment to be the best ocing board out there and everyone screams TEMPS TEMPS TEMPS when you add a bit o juice to it but you can't trust your temps bit like no brakes on the ferrari

That is crazy for that kind of $$$$ that they want for a Venus board atleast they should have fixed all the minus before sending it out, like I said before it is all about the benjimans$$$$$, corprate world. buttom line.

exactly, it is a real shame !

lol, i just got my new expert, after my last one just didnt reboot after crashing from sandra, now i get 18 idle, 30 load...

i am watercooling but still, thats at least 10c Delta, heh. sad.

really disappointed.

NO it is an awesome board it has it flaws, like any thing in this world even the mosr expensive cars have problems.If you dont mind and have the time to tweak it, it is the best board out there even with its flaws.Even if I had to buy it now I would.

So is the consensus than that Expert boards are not a good idea?

no, it's a great board for everything beyond the temp readings! I'm even about to order another one and build a second Expert PC for a friend!

my eXpert has been problem free, temps report the same in smartguardian, mbm, and bios.

at this point i see no reason for me to flash to a newer bios, as i am happy with my setup as it is.

my eXpert has been problem free, temps report the same in smartguardian, mbm, and bios.

at this point i see no reason for me to flash to a newer bios, as i am happy with my setup as it is.

that's great that you're happy, but guess what: Those programs reporting the same temps has nothing to do with the temps being accurate.

every program reports mine the same as well; they just ALL happen to report 16C low! DOH! The problem has nothing to do with programs reporting different temperatures...