Video works but Stops working when about to load windows

Okay my previous problem of not getting the 2nd PCI x16 slot to work with my other vid card never got solved. Things i did to try and fix it are move the jumpers to enable SLI, but i moved the jumpers back and took out the old broken vid card from the top PCi x16 slot. and stuck the backup there

NOwww i got video working yey, but noww when i'm about to load into windows my monitor turns off but i'm sure my windows loads :/ what do i do, i already tried loading to VGA mode but still ntohing.

So basically i see bootup/bios working all fine then right before u are suppose to see the windows logo, bam nothing....

Could it be because i'm using riva tuner and it's overclocked from my old video card with those drivers?

i can't even get in safe modE :(

first see if the system will start in safe mode with no video drivers to see if you can boot the os.i see in youre sig you are running 64bit may be a driver issue,try the forceware 8421 @http://www.guru3d.com.by the way 31c which is about 85f isn't so bad considering a electronical part that requires alot of voltage.

alright lol i kind of chipped the plastic off the top of some of the jumpers when i was trying to take the jumpers out do u think that could be why? but yeah i will clear the cmos now, ah i haven't updated my sig only thing that changed is a diff video card 7800gtx and now windows xp pro 32bit

lol i forget the proper way to clear the cmos

just turn off the computer unplug it

switch the jumper for 30 seconds

switch it back

then boot the computeR?

i use needle nose with a rubber handle and be very careful,just make sure you have no power going to the board what so ever remove the battery to be safe but i wouldn't leave it out to long with the cpu installed.

sigh... i cleared the cmos and still nothing....

I think it's my riva tuner, i had a 6800 GT before, i used advanced settings in riva tuner to unlock 2 pipelines for the 6800 gt going from 14 to 16 pipeline, and yeah.... i'm now on a 7800 GTX.. u think this is why? i even changed allll the jumpers on the SLI nodes and nada.

I see bios fine and everything, just wheni 'm about to load windows, blam monitor sleep mode