[Resolved] Optimised defaults Unstable

First I would like to congragulate "Angry" amd "Momma". And thank ya's for for all the great support. We'll miss ya's. Snuff-snuff............We'll get by somehow......I hope........Snuff-snuff.......

Now onto the problem at hand while there is still help to be had! My computer overclocks beautifully. But when I load optmised defaults. It's a nightmare! Fails 16k superpi's! When I can get win-deers to load at that setting. Once I get the mhz up no problems. Humm I don't know if I should complain but it makes windows installs difficult.(Used to loading defaults before installing) Could my psu be still overvolting? (According to the board sensor it's about right) 3.3=3.33

5.0v=5.1 ,12v=12.10-12.15. I'm gonna' pull it apart and check everything on the morrow.(I'm pretty sure it's all good though) Has anyone ever seen this before? Have I misses a sticky? It's doing 2750 at stock vid, maybe I shouldn't complain,

But the problem is an annoyance any clues anyone.

Memtest is about the only thing that is stable at optmised perfect 10 passes..(From the bios)But soon as I try to load win-deers I get freezes crashes bsods random restarts. Gads!LOL soon as I get it up to 250X11 or 280X10 But gettin' win-doze to install at those is a new trick in it's self.(I did it though) But for about 4hrs there I thought I was likely to need a board or processor or sumptin'. I wonder if I gotta' a bios chip thats not quite right somehow. The assembily I did I thought at time was one of my best ever. But t looks like I'm gonna' have to pull er' apart and do some double checkin'Overclocks really nice doesn't need alot of vid. Humm... ... I kinda' think maybe my ddr600 doen't like 200mhz..(That shouldn't be a prob.) Thanks "Mack" Id allready done memtest. Memtest sez ok.

Like Mack27 said, optimized defaults is only a general set of timings. There's no reason to expect them to be stable.

Only upon testing and making adjustments will you actually find stability.

Well it's alot better than it was. Sumptin musta' come slightly loose I suspect the 4pin part of the 24pin connector.(As it came out kinda' easy not bad but abit slacker than I liked. Loaded Optimised-defaults Now it's about a half of the way through a 32meg superpi. Much better than it was. Usta' fail the 512k ones before finishin' the first loop @ optimised. Funny it OC'd really nice LOL. It's better now. When it passes a 32meg superpi. We can call the problem resolved. I guess we'll have to blame this one on bad assembly. Funny though I honestly thought it one of my best. It finished the superpi and instantly restarted. It still has a problem but not near as bad fer' sure. I guess I'll pull it again! Hummm.... Plus yup It don't like optimised fer sure.

Edit:Hummm.... Maybe windows is corrupt now too.

Edit2: Issue resolved.. Now how do I make it show resolved?

Optimized default settings are meant to be used as a starting point for the cpu and memory running at factory specs. When overclocked, your optimized settings will be what ever it take to get the system stable.

Problem is "Resolved" now. I had to reflash the bios also.. Apparently I'd half hosed the bios on it. (Plus the afore mentioned loose wire)On windows installs kept gettin' IRQl less than equile error bsod when installing devices. Fixed the wires=suoerpi stable. reflashed the bios to a less corrupted state all is well. Got windows to install without errors @Optimised defaults.

I can only figure on the bios I didn't clear the cmo's long enough last time.(I was inna' big hurry for the OCDB.) It is now 100%stable @Optimised defaults. Thank goodness!

Thanks Guy's.

[email protected] it was stable overclocked.LOL That's what was getting me .