Cleveland Rocks?

ExtraPickles

I'm going to be stuck in Cleveland for 2 weeks, is there any "must see" places there besides the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame? Anyone know what the downtown area financial district is like, should I wear Kevlar?

-pickles

Some great strip clubs near the airport.

Bring lots of cash.

Tell "Montana" Crazy Carl says Hello. :D

Go Tribe

You dirty old man :nod: (wish I was there ;) ) Pickles: Take in a ball game.

WTF is "the flats"? Got a link?

-pickles

What dates are you going to be there and where are you staying? I personally don't care for the east bank of the Flats. A few years ago it was a happening place, but now most of the places closed up and those that are open cater to the gangsta culture. (People get mugged and shot sometimes.) The west bank has a couple things still going. (Great Lakes Brewery, Jillian's, etc.) What are your interests besides P.C's? The Great Lakes Science Center is right next to the Rock Hall. NASA Glenn is right by the airport, etc.

You can try these links:

http://www.cleveland.com/flats/

http://www.cleveland.com/visit/

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/

Going to be there starting Sunday night through the next 10-21 days it looks like, or until the job is finished. I think I'll be staying at a hotel on Euclid downtown as it's close to the jobsite but I'm going to check it and the area out first before I commit to staying there. Working during business hours but off nights and weekends. Job appears easy going in (but don't they all) so I should have plenty of time to get around and see some stuff.

Thanks for the links.

-pickles

I assume you’re driving in from PA? FYI, they have installed 30 cameras at certain intersections throughout the city to nail speeders. They snap a shot of your plates along with the speed you are doing at that spot. Some also monitor the whether the light is green, red or caution. If they nail you, it’s automatically $100.00. Cleveland.com can probably show you where these are located or ask at your hotel.

If you decide to stay downtown, it probably won’t be cheap and most nearby bars and restaurants won’t be either. But, travel is easier. Otherwise, stay further out. During the freeway rush hour (7:00 – 9:00 am & 4:00 – 6:00 pm, heading in and out from the east tends to be less congested/accident prone than the west or south. However, on any given day who knows. I add 15-20 minutes to my travel time to cover normal rush hour delays or backups. From 6:00-9:00 AM, radio 1100 on your AM dial has traffic updates every 10 minutes. TV channel 8 has traffic reports about every 15 minutes.

For the most part downtown Cleveland is pretty safe. Euclid Ave. downtown is not bad. The riff raff (homeless, etc.) tend to congregate elsewhere. However, as you travel out of downtown east on Euclid Ave., you will pass through some neglected and culturally deprived areas. But since Euclid Ave. is a main drag, they tend to do their business on the less conspicuous side streets. Stay on the main drags as much as possible. ;)

If you want, you can PM me.

Thanks for the tips. Got me wondering if I was speeding now... it's kind of hard not to after 6.5 hours of cruise control set on 75 and downtown being deserted. Neighborhood looks OK considering... I'm right by the House of Blues so I'll be checking that out for sure and there's a Market Square place that may be a good source for food when they're open. All in all, it could be much worse.

-pickles