2nd PCI-16x slot on Ultra-D Question

Hrmmm... well bad news is my 6800GT just died which was watercooled and it's on the top pci 16x slot (one closer to processor). Because of all the tubing and stuff, i don't feel like removing the water etc., so basically i'm going to stick my replacement video card on the bottm PCI 16x slot. Well turns out i still get no video output, but when i test this vid card on another computer it works, do i have to enable the bottom pci x slot to make it primary or something?

Thanks

Lemmy

well i just did that switched all 6 long jumpers to opposite side, and still nothing... so what now?

i'm about 99% sure it's the video because windows boots up and i can just press the power button once and it will shut off.

Well...if you are indeed booting into windows...and the hard drive light is running for a while like it should during a normal boot...then I would say your monitor might have crapped out. Borrow a different monitor and try again.

If you turned on your computer and the hardrive light was flickering for like 10 seconds and then stopped/ the computer just hung there...i would say it was the video card and i would try and reseat it. I'm pretty sure a computer wont boot past post if the video card was damaged or not seated right.

at least in the old days it wouldn't - with these new boards I don't have all the answers....heh

BTW just saying its in windows because you press the power button and it shuts off isn't a definate way to tell if your in windows. IMO