ethernet broke and is back after 'power-cycle'

Hi, after 2 months of no problems with my nice, new machine, a couple of days ago my ethernet connection went suddenly dead during a download. Rebooting in Windows or Linux did not help, no DHCP request was retruned by the router. Changing router and cable didn't help either. Was ready to RMA MoBo or buy PCI NIC when I thought of disconnecting the power and ethernet cable for a day. After that, ethernet came back w/o any problems.

Anybody heard of something like that before?

There are lots of ethernet related problems on this forum, is this a wekness of DFI boards?

I never did a BIOS update on any of my previous computers. Is this suggested for my board/BIOS version? What will it do/help with?

Thank you!

I had similar problem occured to me but it's more strange than yours. I had my ethernet gone and came back when I install windows vista. This only happens with the marvell ethernet, not the nvidia's ethernet. The ethernet will work fine under Vista but sometimes after I shut down the system and reboot back into XP, it woni't work at all, change cable, reset, etc, etc. NO solution. It only will came back when I boot back into vista again. Then I shut down the computer and boot into xp, voila, it works like a charm. NO idea why.