Can I Do Even Better

kitfit1

I've had this rig a couple of weeks now and this is the progress so far. I think it can be tightened up in a few areas and was hoping that you peeps might give me a few pointers in the right direction.

Picture001Medium.jpg

Picture002Medium.jpg

Picture003Medium.jpg

3D01Medium.jpg

3D03Medium.jpg

3D05Medium.jpg

3D06Medium.jpg

EVERESTREADMedium.jpg

EVERESTWRITEMedium.jpg

EVERESTLATENCYMedium.jpg

I was thinking mainly in the mem timing area.

Nice RAM speed. What stepping do you have? Have you found CPU max for that chip yet? (I assume you're running x9 because maximizing RAM at 1:01 is important to you).

The stepping is CCBWE 0551PWM, not the best as most peeps in the UK seem to be getting 2.6ghz-2.65ghz. I'm running at x9 because the ram will go to 305, so if i push the cpu voltage a bit more i think i'll get to 2.75ghz at 1:1. Is that a good option? or should i run 10x275?

• 1 month later...

Have been trying to get my 170 a bit higher without to much sucsess. I am thinking about taking the IHS off and seeing if that helps. My thinking on this is, at the moment my idle temps are 29c to 30c with dual Prime load temps at 47c to 49c. Although still respectable i think that removing the IHS will not only drop the load temps, but might give me a bit of scope to get to 2800ghz. So the question is, am i likely to get a higher clock and is it worth it?

Basically dropping the IHS will give you lower temps, sometimes as much as 10 degrees, but usually only 3-5 degrees.

Depending on how much heat your CPU is currently putting out, you might get a few extra mhz outta it until you hit the heat barrier again.

ie my 170 used to run 1.54v on air at 2.7ghz 55degrees, ripped off the IHS dropped to 50 degrees, and lowered the voltage to ~1.47, @ about 49 degrees.

So it helped lower the temps and as a result, i could lower the voltage, and as a result of lower voltage, even lower temps :P

Lower temps help, now on water, my load temps are about 35 degrees, idle at 26, and i managed to lower my voltage to 1.45v for 2.7 :)

I was wondering how in the hell you hit 37k 3D '01 marks with an 850XT PE...but then I looked at the program window in your screenshot and realized you had a 1900 series. :drool:

I was wondering how in the hell you hit 37k 3D '01 marks with an 850XT PE...but then I looked at the program window in your screenshot and realized you had a 1900 series. :drool:

It's in my sig as well :nod: