Directx 9.0b

AYoKoNA

What do you guys think with all this bad talk about directx 9.0 with my video card. Should I install it or keep 8.1?

what bad talk with your video card?

I have a geforce3 ti200 which doesn't support dx9, but i installed it anyway (9.0b). I haven't noticed any problems with it. It's always good to keep dx updated whether your card supports it or not, cause some games may need it. At least that's my thinking, i could be wrong.

I don't know if you guys have heard or not, there are rumors going around that Asus will be making ATI based cards instead of Nvidia. I wonder if this will come true or not and if its because of Nvidia's recent problems with their video cards not performing? I guess time will tell.

I woudlnt be suprised if that were to happen after reading this quote from anandtech.com as seen here

Graphics no longer the main focus of NVIDIA??

News | Brandon Hill on Sep 24th, 2003 4:37 PM from Anandtech Forums

Wow, someone please slap me with a trout!

Edited by andrusk

that is a shame :( but ati is also looking in the same direction too. they've got a chipset for both athlon and P4 systems in the works, while Nvidia has stayed with just the athlon. wonder what they'll do if ati beats them there too

wonder what they'll do if ati beats them there too

I smell the winds of change a' comin. Can you say nvidia/ati merger? (i know you cringe at the thought) Im not saying this would ever happen in the darkest of all universes, but, stranger things have happened. And remember, no-one thought nvidia would ever Gobble up the graphics "giant" 3dfx. Something to think about.

Edited by andrusk