Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

NF4 LanParty (Expert/Venus) BETA BIOS 3/30/2006 (direct download)

well

after 7 hours last night fighting my venus....this morning i flashed 329 beta.....

i dont see any temperature changes.......my problems remain....my vdimm is all over the place

i would like to ask one thing......maybe u ANGRY can tell me ....

i know that in my ultra-d drive strength goes from 1 to 8.....2-4-6-8 are normal and 1-3-5-7 are weak......and i know also that 8 should be the strongest NORMAL drive

in venus how can i tell that......i saw,using A64 tweaker, that the even numbers remain weak...and the others the normal...but is 14 the strongest......or 2......?

thnxs

I got a MSI- SLI plat., Asus A8nSLI Deluxe a Asus A8n Premium A few older Intel Boards And this hunk of crap DFI. I bought it (DFI Expert) cause it was supposed to be the nuts. Smart move....Real Smart. Of all the Baords i have The Asus A8N SLI Deluxe is the best and i paid less for it. Go figure. The real freakin jerks in this whole scenario are the promoters for DFI, the advertisers, and the darn idiots who own/run the company that make their production people put this stuff out before its ready. They obviously did'nt have one bit of forsight. Or they just didnt give a crap. They had one thing on their mind and thats SELL IT!!! Why?? Because of the next generation of computing. They're moving on. You know it. I know it.

And the next product they put out will be just as hurried and just as horrible to work with. By that time, maybe they will have a fix for this POS. But im not counting on it. Ive spent countless hours trying to get this machine to work as well as a board i spent half as much on. Pretty stupid of me. Its getting torn out and i'm either taking a torch to it or smashing it to pieces. I'm not sure yet. Depends how i fell at that point. Then i will pack it up and send it back to DFI corp.

Done Deal.

BYE BYE DFI

Hey now I don't want to add insult or anything, but I have one of these and in all honesty it's superb, I can hardly make it unstable unless I do silly things in the BIOS, there are settings in there that can make a perfectly good system fall over.

How about posting some screenies of what you have and see if we can see something?

Certainly don't smash it to pieces that will fix nothing I'm sure you'd be a lot happier if you get it going properly because it will eat the Asus alive when you get it going.

Hope this helps genuinely I don't want to add insult to injury.

well

after 7 hours last night fighting my venus....this morning i flashed 329 beta.....

i dont see any temperature changes.......my problems remain....my vdimm is all over the place

i would like to ask one thing......maybe u ANGRY can tell me ....

i know that in my ultra-d drive strength goes from 1 to 8.....2-4-6-8 are normal and 1-3-5-7 are weak......and i know also that 8 should be the strongest NORMAL drive

in venus how can i tell that......i saw,using A64 tweaker, that the even numbers remain weak...and the others the normal...but is 14 the strongest......or 2......?

thnxs

it follows the same sequence as the Ultra-D...higher numbers are stronger (at least this is what I was told)

AndreYang at Xtreme says they are backwards - OnePageBook says he is nuts.

"IX" and soundx will tell you that the settings that perform best are different than than the ones you used on the other boards.

Obviously there are more settings than a standard LanParty.

It would be nice if you could just plug in the same settings but it will take some tweaking (doesn't it always)

AndreYang at Xtreme says they are backwards - OnePageBook says he is nuts.

"IX" and soundx will tell you that the settings that perform best are different than than the ones you used on the other boards.

Obviously there are more settings than a standard LanParty.

It would be nice if you could just plug in the same settings but it will take some tweaking (doesn't it always)

well that was the one big major red-bold-giant-font thing that Oskar told us about the Expert/Venus...that you could NOT just plug in your settings from the Ultra-D/SLI-DR etc to the Expert and expect them to work, and it all boiled down to the two most important parts that were changed:

DRAM Drive Strength

DRAM DATA Drive Strength

I've preached this since day one and most have listened, but there's still too many that say "I could do 212436Mhz on my Ultra-D but cant even get 202Mhz out of my Expert????"

but there's still too many that say "I could do 212436Mhz on my Ultra-D but cant even get 202Mhz out of my Expert????"

chuif.......i did everything from scratch........tryed drive strength 1 by 1 trying to find the best combo......tested cpu at 3000mhz with 100 divider....checked out fine....tested the memory at 250x10...1:1...no issues...

i havent tested this memory in nf4 before....i had it in my nf3 rig

i knew the settings wouldnt work........so i passed the last 24 hours trying to stable it.......and i will continue :D ........

the only thing that is anoying me is the vdimm readings in bios.....i set 3,48 and i get.....3,41.....3,44....3,45....3,46 :confused:

i havent opened the cables and stuff.....only needed the mobo ;) ....btw...the box is quite nice imo....and the logo screen is very flashy....to bad i use it disabled :P

enough talking.....back to superpi 32m and occt

;)

I've never even seen a Venus

I've only seen a picture of the motherboard itself from about 1 month ago or something

DFI didn't deem me worthy to get a Venus so I don't really waste too much time trying to support them (hard to support something you don't have right?)

What a bodge by DFI (Dumb F'g Idiots)... if we wanted to calibrate an offset, most software based probes are capable of such things!!!

How can you use a probe, unless you can take a reading from the centre of the core, with the HS on, otherwise that too is going to be a reading that is way off the mark - without anyway of corelating it to the actual temp???

I cant believe I (we) have waitd over 3 months for this bodge!!!

What versions of NVRAID and 3114 RAID are included in the Expert 3/29 BIOS? I saw they were updated on the Ultra-D and SLI-D/R, but haven't found anything on teh Expert...

Yes, I know I have an Expert in my sig, but I have no video card right now :( I swapped in a 4MB PCI card for a few seconds at work to flash to 3/29 :nod: then I got curious about the RAID and couldn't go back to check.

-Thanks

nVidia is 5.50. I don't use the Sil Image. But let me reboot and enable.

EDIT: Still on 5.216 on the 3114.