NF4 LanParty (original) BETA BIOS 3/30/2006 (direct download)

Well the temp issues are fixed when coming out of S3 standby BUT once again the overclocked settings are jacked.

236x11 before S3 standby

193.7x11 after coming out of standby

they seemed to actually make it worse...atleast it would stay at 200x11 when coming out of standby. :rolleyes:

I wonder where it manages to get 193.7 from,lmfao.

EDIT: Even with stock settings it still defualts back to 193.7 x11 after resuming from standby, so basicly they fixed the temps but broke something else instead....now after coming out of standby my computer is slower then stock,LOL.

WOW good job guys!!!!!! Hopefully someone could see if they could fix that problem.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beta release. Is there a normal time for these releases to become a supported bios? Or will this stay a beta forever? Might be a dumb question but it won't be my first or last. Shoot, I'm using a beta version now I think, the 704. But I don't think that bios will ever be supported by DFI, while this one might?

Plus, just curious, is this bios a new build or modified from another? Just trying to learn things here.

i seriously doubt that Standby, like Cool & Quiet, will ever be supported 100% while overclocking...even if it worked on a previous BIOS

dont take that as "I dont care so stop bugging about it"

take it at face value...they probably just won't worry about such a thing when 99% of users are worried about temps and overclock abilities while less than 1% are worried about Wake-on or Standby resume features

Hey Angry,

I really doubt that making a overclock (would be happy with stock clocks now) stick after standby is going to effect overclocking for other users...just really really doubt it.

I was pretty happy they fixed the temp and voltage issue, but thats a who cares thing now since instead of weird temps you get a LOWER overclock then stock...you see what I'm saying.

From what the release notes are saying this bios is mainly for fixing standby issues, am I correct??? So why not just do it right and FIX the standby issues.

There's a few threads about people caring about standby working, I really don't care if its 50% of people who want standby to work or 0.1%....its called making the customer happy and have features said to support work.

I've been fighting for this for along time now and I already gave up a few weeks ago with this mobo, but I was surprised with the new bios with some fixes.....really don't know what else to say about this....except it kinda sucks since now I get to pull this mobo back out and put the working one in (won't say name for respect)

Crazy, but I had to burn it on the chip. Using the latest off the web site (i forgot the date), I could hit 2700 on my 146 using the optimized defaults @ 1/1. After burning the new release I just got 2940 @ 1/1 @ 1.376v. I just got it booted to xp, no stablity checks. Booted to bios @ 2950 but not to xp. Over the weekend I'll get it stable and let you know.

But this bodes well wouldn't you think? I left everything alone except for the FSB/HTT and manually set the ram ratio to 1/1

From what the release notes are saying this bios is mainly for fixing standby issues, am I correct??? So why not just do it right and FIX the standby issues.

no

you need to read the release notes again as that really isn't what this update is about (other than temps should read correctly after resume)

There's a few threads about people caring about standby working, I really don't care if its 50% of people who want standby to work or 0.1%....its called making the customer happy and have features said to support work.

this is who you need to email if you want something fixed as they are the ones who can fix it, not me or Rgone

Well I also noticed that the voltage's mainly VID has remained the same after resume instead of going up .10v, I realize that this bios isn't just for standby issues I may have over done what I meant to say there. But since they fixed 2 problems due to standby why not fix the other and be done.

I also know that neither you or Rgone can fix the bios, but I thought you would have some pull with DFI and bring this up. Anyways thanks for link I will give that a try.

first post, bad english, plz dont kill me :)

Well the temp issues are fixed when coming out of S3 standby BUT once again the overclocked settings are jacked.

236x11 before S3 standby

193.7x11 after coming out of standby

they seemed to actually make it worse...atleast it would stay at 200x11 when coming out of standby. :rolleyes:

I wonder where it manages to get 193.7 from,lmfao.

EDIT: Even with stock settings it still defualts back to 193.7 x11 after resuming from standby, so basicly they fixed the temps but broke something else instead....now after coming out of standby my computer is slower then stock,LOL.

WOW good job guys!!!!!! Hopefully someone could see if they could fix that problem.

also all 4 leds are on when resuming from standby :)

and don't get us 1% standby/cool'n'quiet users wrong Angry, but for instance if i install a new hard drive for like 30 minutes to backup some data or something, it's mutch better to use the standby function than shut down (loose my uptime :)) and wait till it's booted up again....but anywayz, the temp resume fix makes me happy :)

Just flashed it and was scared crapless, when I booted up the machine after flashing using dos it didn't wanna boot!

3 lights were on and the last 4th was flashing but nothing happened....I turned of the pc, disconected the power and went for the classic clear CMOS....loaded optimized defaults and reconfigured the options from scratch....priming right now as I write @ 2550mhz which I had trouble before...so far so good...

:)

I'm having issues now, I updated the BIOS said succesfull but everytime I boot I get a "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded". If I hit F1 to continue then I get BACKUP CMOS...OK! Error loading file system.

Any help out there?

Yes I reset the BIOS but it doesn't help.

20060403 Ordered new BIOS, be forwarned, if it works don't fix it!

Hi,

I just tried flashing this BIOS. After it was completed, I pressed F1 to reboot, and I get no display. Tried restarting couple of times, the board posts but I get no display.

I tried to clear the CMOS manually (not sure on the exact procedure), I just set the jumper on the clear CMOS position following the board manual then put it back... however still no luck. What am I doing wrong? What should I try next? Take out the battery?