NF4 LanParty (original) BETA BIOS 3/30/2006 (direct download)

Please check this page for more info:

http://www.angrygames.com/3-31-2006_nf4lp_bios.htm

direct downloads:

NF4LD329.ZIP

NF4LD329.EXE (self-extracting EXE)

Update Detail:

1 . Add CPU temperature calibration option.

2 . Fix ps2 mouse fail when ps2 kb not present.

3 . Fix s1/s3 temp error after resume.

4 . Fix startup VID option fail.

5 . Fix C 'n'O.5 multiplier not working with Opteron CPU.

6 . Fix day of month alarm can not set as 0 for every day usage.

7 . Fix NF4-D model display error if SATA3/4 is disabled.

8 . Fix ATI X1000 series logo error.

9 . Change FSB option to keyIn method.

10 . Change 3114 ROM to 5.2.1.6.

11 . Change NV RAID ROM to 5.50

12 . Change memtest86+ to 1.65

13 . Synchronize DRAM related code with Expert and Venus.

NOTE:

THIS BIOS UPDATE IS ONLY FOR THE ORIGINAL LANPARTY NF4 MOTHERBOARD (NF4-D, Ultra-D, SLI-D, SLI-DR)

IT IS NOT FOR EXPERT OR VENUS MOTHERBOARDS!

THIS BIOS IS CONSIDERED BETA AND YOU MUST ASSUME ALL RISKS AS DFI WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice additions. nV RAID BIOS 5.50 :eek2: - what does that do? We've been on 4.84 for a long time. Gonna have to look up the release notes for it - it won't affect my current RAID will it? Excellent to finally see that PS/2 fix too. Good work DFI, you haven' forgotten about us legacy users ;):).

Just flashed it and was scared crapless, when I booted up the machine after flashing using dos it didn't wanna boot!

3 lights were on and the last 4th was flashing but nothing happened....I turned of the pc, disconected the power and went for the classic clear CMOS....loaded optimized defaults and reconfigured the options from scratch....priming right now as I write @ 2550mhz which I had trouble before...so far so good...

:)

Guest ElAguila

Great news. It is is nice to see that there is still some developement on the non expert boards!

Great news. It is is nice to see that there is still some developement on the non expert boards!

What do ya mean by that? There hasn't been a new Expert bios since 12/7. And that is the only one that has come out since the expert's release. And for those of us with the sli instability associated with it, we can't even trust the 12/7, so we are stuck with the original 11/2 bios. The expert, in my opinion, has been about the most UNDER developed high end board DFI has put out.

OOPS--Saints be praised, a new expert bios!! :nod:

Just curious, how many bios were out for the lan party ultra series when the boards were 6 months old?

What do ya mean by that? There hasn't been a new Expert bios since 12/7. And that is the only one that has come out since the expert's release. And for those of us with the sli instability associated with it, we can't even trust the 12/7, so we are stuck with the original 11/2 bios. The expert, in my opinion, has been about the most UNDER developed high end board DFI has put out.

maybe you missed the other thread stuck to the top here?

maybe you should take a moment to actually read the thread listing at the forum before you rush out and make a statement like this...?

Sorry, sorry. Edited post above. I am just very frustrated with the lack of urgency that seems to be going into fixing KNOWN issues with the expert. Please don't get me wrong, it is an awesome board but it's pickiness is enough to test the patience of a saint.