NF4 LanParty (original) BETA BIOS 3/30/2006 (direct download)

shortly after i made my last post, i started experiences wierd crashes.... checked all my BIOS settings. timings seemed fine and everything looked good... i couldnt understand what was going on, so i flashed back to 704-2bta and that seemed to fix my problem, but i still experience the odd crash, i have troubles booting (it works after removing and reinserting my memory), and i've been having memtest errors... prior to flashing this bios, i had no problems at all. i'm gonna go back to 510-2fix and see if i still have problems, if so, i may have to try my memory in another machine & RMA it if its still bad :(

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody understand the CPU core temp cal? Auto to +10 and -10, what does it mean? adds or subtracts? The DFI Logo is fixed for the X1k cards, but who actually leaves it enbled, hehe. The SATA issue for the NF-4 is not fixed, it's even more screwed up. Oh.......................................Angry...............................

Good to hear winflash worked Thunda, I too lazy to hook floppy up myself, question: are you using 64bit editions of XP and Prime95?
No 64bit windows here.. Id rather wait till its a more supported OS as far as drivers go..

Arghhh stop it, im going to end up testing this bios out if you keep saying good things.

I'm stuck between the , it's not broken and performance is more than good

vs

Hmmm, the possibility of more performance at the risk of breaking something.

My thoughts exactly.

Well, I do have to say this bios is a great improvement over the 11/14 bios. I can leave my 3200+ Venice at default voltage while at 2.5Ghz, vs 1.45 with the 11/14 bios. 623 was good for overclocking as well, just when my board came back from RMA, I had the 11/14 bios and never bothered to revert back. Strange how a bios can affect overclocking so much. So far the bios seems quite stable. I used Winflash for x64 from http://www.epox-europe.com/downloads/drive...?product_id=382

what SATA issue would this be?

You still have to enable SATA3+4 inorder for SATA1 to work, remember? I'll try uninstall my chipset drivers and reinstalling, this IDE Channel is getting out of hand. I have disabled it and it still comes up....

Update: Okay i got this thing worked out. Just installed the IDE SW drivers along with SMBus, and Ethernet for the 6.70 and it picks up everything properly now. That damn thing doesn't pop up anymore at Windows boot. hehe...weird...

7 . Fix NF4-D model display error if SATA3/4 is disabled. <---This one....look....

problem12jp.th.jpg

Well im now running this bios, but have nothing to really report in terms of gain in the overclocking area.

Current overclock is stable enough and can't really push any further, as smids reporting a small speed bump from my RAID0 array.

Going to keep this bios on though, was using 704-1 BTA before which was a brilliant bios so nice to see this one match :)