Advice for 6800 eVGA or XFX upgrade on NF4 Ultra-D

tasr

I need some purchase advice. Do I upgrade to this; See Below Reply

History:

I currently have this card installed; ASUS EN6600TD it’s quiet but gets hot. It will spike to 90C when running prime even with this Thermaltake A2018 120mm blowing full bore on it. I get low 3dmark scores and I think it’s causing problems my overall OC results. I am not OC’ing this card just the CPU.

Will one of these cards be a BIG jump in my performance and my overall OC results? Or will it be a total waste of money?

Thanks for any input. :)

So you would recommend a 7600GT. OK, no problem that keeps it around a $200 budget. I have a few more questions.

1. I should see big 3DMark improvements (non-SLI) and maybe hit 5200’s in 3DMark05 with a 7600GT, yes? Current card 3DMark05 is [email protected] see signature My Overclocking Database post

2. Which of these two would you recommend for a non-SLI;

eVGA Geforce 7600GT 256-P2-N553-AX or eVGA Geforce 7600GT 256-P2-N555-AX

3. Do you have a link for this pencil mod?

If I were on a budget and building a computer now, I'd probably go Sli and the 7600. A lot of people are going to say the 7900 has way better graphics, which is true. But the 7600 is VERY overclockable and actually has a pencil vmod you can do, two of these in Sli should take a 7900 no problem.

Keep in mind you might not be able to find the same card to long from now, so if you aren't upgrading in a month or two...

Thank you for your help.