X850XT PCI-Express 16x NON-SLI setup

Hey ladies and gents,

I've done some extensive searching here and have found a lot of conflicting information regarding PCI-Express slots on the nf4-dr-sli expert. Now my problems lies within my watercooling setup. I had to use the lower slot, because of limited room, which I've now read is running at 2x? From what I understand is that the top PCI-E slot (closest to the CPU) is the only one that runs at 16x. Now I've also read that it can take a performance hit either way and I've also read that it doesn't matter!

Who can clarify this? Do I have to put the card in the top slot to get 16x and the best performance? Or can I keep the card in the lower slot and still get the same performance as the top slot?

To reitterate..I am NOT running SLI..I am running 1 card listed in my sig.

Thanks!

Move all jumpers like you would do for a SLI setup. That will give you 8x on both PCI-e slots, which is enough. The decrease in performance, if any, is so low so it's more of academic interest than a real issue.

Edit: CPDMF @ it's not fair, you'll always be faster... just look at the avatar…

My bad I didn't see that you have an Expert, but here we go:

In "Genie BIOS settings" you open PCI eXpress Configuaration". For a in this case virtual SLI setup you have to check the box "8-4-NC-8".

That should be enough I think.