2x 1GB sticks.

rhiridflaidd

keep in mind we have OCZ reps here and OCZ has by far the best customer support...and also keep in mind more of us have OCZ than any other brands ;)

they will all (gksill, mushkin, ocz) be good...so if they are all practically the same, then it is time to base decisions on price + support.

i just recently RMA'd my gskill(corrupted 2 OS's) even at 14 hours prime stable and 4 hours memtest stable......I was looking to get the OCZ 2x1gig pc4000 gx xtc's. The 40 dollar mail in rebate ends sunday, so ill prolly order tom.

i just recently RMA'd my gskill(corrupted 2 OS's) even at 14 hours prime stable and 4 hours memtest stable......I was looking to get the OCZ 2x1gig pc4000 gx xtc's. The 40 dollar mail in rebate ends sunday, so ill prolly order tom.

cool. thats hella good stuff.

The corsair twin X is the only modules I left out of that list.

But corsair never had much luck with DFI in the past. Has that changed, or is the first 3 choices still about reasonable (but now OCZ gold, not platinum seems a better buy.)

the 3500LL PRO Corsair 2x1024 kits are basically OCZ PC4000EB's (same Infineon chips)

I'd still go with OCZ based on their support ;)

PC4000EL or GXC's are UCCC based, overclock well, are good priced, and are very popular here in teh forum (I have 4x1024MB of the EL, and 2x1024 of the GXC)

good news - found a cheaper source of

OCZ Gold XTC DDR500 PC4000 2048MB Dual Kit w/two PC4000 1024MB DIMMs,CL 3-4-3-8

Is this the stuff I need??

Also I need some thermal paste for my X2- my temps aren't ideal.

Once again, thanks for any advice.

edit

Lastly - since I'm paying P+P my original audigy soundcard is a bit long in the tooth.....

(and I'm too drunk to search the fora tonight!)

ps. the part os of the OCZ is OCZ5002048ELGEGXT-K

yep those are teh same GX's that I have (i suppose they are XTC's but I just call them GX for GAMER XTREME" and it is GX in the part# lol)

thermal paste...AS5 or Ceramique is the choice for most of us...but thermal paste really isn't going to alter temps that much (a better cpu cooler might be what you need instead of better thermal paste?)