raid array setup

Yello, and thanks again :)

Well I found this particular package from the nlite instruction site (in finnish), and the guy who has translated it, recommended to use this as well as Windows Media Player 10, Foxit PDF Reader and NotePad 2. Here is the link for the first one, and it tells you exactly what it contains, http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?...3b7b91f9b26cd3b

I´m not sure what all this software will do but there should be some valuable tools! There´s also a link where you can find more info and link also for more addon packs... :cool:

But yes... So let´s say I am gonna use the .inf files from leagacy folder!!

Do I have to do any other preparations? For example do I have to run the setup of these 6.70 drivers after I have installed my new system?

And should it matter that I actually copy/pasted those four files we talked about earlier to a sataraid folder just as an experimental experience!! :eek2:

Cheers,

Kaspian

And Caspanis,

I just tried the both ways to integrate these drivers from legacy folder!

If I choose the nvatabus driver, it says "HDC" below the "TYPE" in screen, and if I choose nvraid, it says SCSIAdapter, so what is your oppinion which one I should choose?

And also did you ment earlier by this; "You should also integrate the drivers from the SMbus,Ethernet, and Audio (only if using onboard audio) folders respectively" so if I am using a separate soundcard, as I am :) , that I DO NOT need to install drivers for audio? I left my karajan audio module to a box cause I ain´t gonna use it, LOL :nod:

Yello, and thanks again :)

Well I found this particular package from the nlite instruction site (in finnish), and the guy who has translated it, recommended to use this as well as Windows Media Player 10, Foxit PDF Reader and NotePad 2. Here is the link for the first one, and it tells you exactly what it contains, http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?...3b7b91f9b26cd3b

I´m not sure what all this software will do but there should be some valuable tools! There´s also a link where you can find more info and link also for more addon packs... :cool:

But yes... So let´s say I am gonna use the .inf files from leagacy folder!!

Do I have to do any other preparations? For example do I have to run the setup of these 6.70 drivers after I have installed my new system?

And should it matter that I actually copy/pasted those four files we talked about earlier to a sataraid folder just as an experimental experience!! :eek2:

Cheers,

Kaspian

Kaspian,

1) Thanks for the information.

2) I have tried installing the drivers once windows in stalled . But it seems redundant to me. I have noticed that the nvidia RAID tool is not installed when you slipstrem drivers but if you install the software in windows then it is installed. There is for me not much advantage as it only shows the disks in the array. If you want this particular tool and other non-driver software , then you can install , but I don't see much benefit in it ;)

3) Given all that you've done , I recommend doing a fresh extraction of the drivers and then doing the slipstream. You may get confused with all you've done to date and ruin the operation :)

4) Yea since you're using an add-in audio card you can forget the nvidia audio drivers :D

Cheers,

Caspanis