Memory Problem?!

Hey everyone. This is my first DFI board, as well as my first post on this forum (although I've defeinitely read a lot of good stuff here :) ) Anyway, I just got a new NF4 Expert board with an opteron 165 and I'm having some serious problems getting this system stable... problems I've never had with any other board before. However, in defense of the NF4 Expert, I really think it may be a RAM issue. I'm trying to use a single stick of Corsair Value Select 1GB DDR400 (VS1GB400C3). Unfortunately, NOTHING seems to be working right. When trying to do the initial XP install, the machine would freeze everytime it started to load files to do the install. I tried swapping out the RAM for a different no-name-brand 256MB DDR400 stick I had kicking around, and it still was acting oddly. When I used both sticks together (in the same channel obviously) it worked well enough to get the initial XP install done, but now it freezes anytime I try to boot the machine right where the black and white bar to press F8 should be before the splash screen. Basically, as soon as it's supposed to start loading from the drive. The drive was tested and is good. I switched back out to just my single stick of Corsair and tried to run Memtest. I never get any actual errors on screen... but the program always freezes (I think under 10 minutes every time). Now I have never experienced anything like this in any of the scads of machines that I've built, but like I said this is my first DFI board, and certainly the first board I've had that is so versatile. My suspicion is the RAM, but I really would like to rule out any thing else that it could be. Has anyone ever heard of anything similar? Anyone using this RAM with this board without any problems? :confused:

hmm... the Corsair site lists this memory as compatible... so I'm still at a bit of a loss here. Someone here has to know something more about this than I do, right? I emailed Corsair about it yesterday, but they haven't responded. Anyone have any ideas?