Is a 15 degree difference in idle and load temps normal?

Ran Prime95 last night (about 7 hours), and according to MBM5 the CPU went as far as 51C under load. That's 15 degrees higher than it's idle temp, which is 35. The PWMIC idles at 46 and gets all the way up to 60. I haven't done any clocking yet either. Is such a big difference standard for PWMIC and CPU? I wanted to clock my processor up slightly so it will take full advantage of new RAM I have at DDR500, but not if it's going to burn things.

The chipset only goes up 4 degrees too o_O

I added a big typhoon heatsink and arctic silver 5 to my rig...

idle 29ish, under full load 38. So it is quite common. If you want to overclock, I would add a new hsf and some cable management, maybe a fan or 2. If you overclock you will be in the high 50s or worse. And that is no good.

Heh, just read your setup... seems you have a nice hs: maybe play with your intake/exhaust fans to see if you can get your temps down.

The opteron 165 comes with a great heatpipe-heatsink, the fan just runs a bit slow (in my experience, it never went over 3k RPM). If you added a faster fan - or got an adapter that lets you put a 120mm on it, you'd probably be able to save yourself some money and give a decent boost to your cooling.