Venus+Tagan

macko

I Have The DFI "Venus" board and a Opteron 175, and a XFX 7900GTX XXX display card.. but a crappy TT Power station of 520w with only 4pin power connector.. i have look around and find this PSU.. now the question...

is this PSU a good psu and a recommeded for me and my hardware...?

is tagan a good psu to DFI MOBO and have this tagan psu every connections i need to give my hardware everything it needs....

or do you have any other idea.. i also want a silent psu...

Best regards Marcus

http://www.tagan.com/pages/products...gan_UK_mini.pdf

Hi!

I wouldnt go out of my way to buy any of the NEW tagan psu's - most of the reviews state that they suffer from poor +12V results, and thats not something you want! the older ones (like mine!) are still brilliant!

I would honestly suggest you consider SEASONIC S12 500/ 600W units - supposed to be absolutely excellent PSUs, totally silent, >80% efficiency. However, i do remember some issues apparently with DFI and seasonic.

Silverstone make good PSUs, but apparently the OCZs/ PCP&C / Fortron units are brilliant also.

i didnt like the idea of the newer enermax's due to the lack of power connectors on the modular units, but would see what people are saying of the seasonics nowadays with dfi's because they really are brilliant psu's.

That's what i innitially read about the TAGAN as well, however, i've purchased a Hiper 580 typer R PSU earlier this week to test the difference and guess what? not one more extra Mhz. and the TAGAN has never left me down with instabillity issues. + it's amperage is a lot higher than most competitors and it's ULTRA quiet. I was in doubt before, but now still a TAGAN fan.

i have only read one review about the tagan psu and it´s tested from malaysia...

i can´t find no more review about that psu??

someone write that tagan is almost the same psu that ocz and DFI recommended ocz..

so what is the diffrent...

is tagan a bad psu and a bad choise....

regard marcus

Guest Blooz1

macko -

Here's a review from Hexus.net:

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=694&redirect=yes

I've been using a Tagan TG480-U01 PSU for about a year now, and it's been an excellent unit. Highly stable, whisper quiet, and very well made.

My only complaint is that it lacks the externally adjustable rails featured by OCZ Powerstreams. It DOES have adjustable rails, but the cover must be removed for access to the pots.