SLI Bandwidth Limitations?

First of all, the specs posted in my sig are a proposed rig (any suggestions are appreciated) so I technically don't own the stuff. I was wondering if, since the 7900 GT's are very new, cutting edge cards, if there would be any performance hit from going with the DFI's dual x8 PCI-E slots compared to something like Asus's dual x16 slots. Are dual 7900 GT's powerful enough to create a bottleneck at the x8 slots?

Guest Timmay

In Reply To #1,

There is NO graphics card on the market to day that can saturate 8x PCI-E bandwidth.

Quoted from Angry_Games. I can find the post if ya want.

As of now there is no real difference between SLI @x8 or @x16 or even CrossFire for instance. There will be no performance hit only boost in performance if you're going 2x7900GT since thos e cards can overclock very well, 500/1600 each if you run them one at a time and see how far they overclock and check their 3dmode frequencies in their Bios. You can almost say an Overclocked 7900GT @550core/1650mem is on par or faster then a default speed 7900GTX. So save some money, big time....get those cards for $300 even....good deal.

Suggestion:Everything from CPU, RAM, SLI video cards, X-FI components look good, but get raid of or don't even think about using that Kingwin PSU. Get yourself a well known brand with at least 35-40amps on the 12v rail (Try to stay away from dual rails since in most cases one solid rail is better then dual or even quad i guess). :)