Sign in to follow this  
maxiderm

First Time DFI Build, Wont Boot!

this is my first time using DFI... and its giving me only headaches so far. ok here it goes:

i have EVERYTHING connected to each and every power connection on the board (yes that means, the 24pin, the 4 pin, the molex, and the floppy) and still everytime i try to power it up all the fans spin, all the disk drives spin, RAM LEDs stays on and the LEDs below the PCI slots also remain on... but i get no video. the diagnostic LEDs all 4 turn red, then they start going away, but the last one stays lit red. ive tried everything and if i dont get this comp working, im gonna throw it out of my car and get an Abit or MSI... PLEASE HELP I NEED MY COMP UP AND WORKING!!!!

Read the build guide located in the stickies section of this thread.

I think that it's possible your PSU isn't enough. Try booting with the CPU and HSF, 1 stick of RAM, and video card.

No hard drive, cd drive, anything.

Mine did the same thing the first time. It turned out I didn't push the 4-pin ATX power connector until it clicked. I must not have pushed it down hard enough the first time. Your PSU is below the specs from DFI, but I think it would be enough to at least get the minimums started up.

Just out of curiosity , try putting your video card in second PCIe slot .... I did that with my board , although i still had to RMA my board , the board "worked" if u could call it that with GPU in 2nd slot ..... if it did it would rule ur vid card out.

i bought the motherboard from a person on Hard forums. btw, the second slot gave no video, i tried that a long time ago. can i RMA it still? how does DFIs RMA setup work?