MAX vcore voltages on the fx60?

Kakarot

I have been told and warned ;) but has anyone ran high voltages 24/7?

I had to go to 1.66v to hit 3 gig

1.62 for 2977 etc

I know I should be happy with the 1.55 2900... but come one! How much juice until certain death?

muahahahahahaha

current temps under full load (dual sp2004)

hasnt been running long yet, but I had it at 1.63v 2977 for 15 hours and the temps were

39c, 47, 40c - I did some fan switching around and got the pwmic down.

It's up to you. I personally wouldn't run more than 1.5v through a $1000 investment like that just to be safe. But then again, if you have the $ to buy an FX-60 you probably can buy another.

The more voltage you push the more you risk it burning out sooner. No one can guarantee if it will live or not. I would be pretty confident in saying that 1.66v for everyday use will decrease the lifespan. I don't know how much, but it will. Most likely you will have upgraded by the time it dies, but you never know.

It's all about weighing risk vs. gain for you personal preference (and the size of your wallet).

damn, you should be the O/C king just put your PC outside...........LOL

I am a Canadian so I can make those jokes about our weather even though I have defected south of the border

really, run 3 GHz for bragging rights/benching but back off for 24/7 use

do I have any science for this recommendation.....of course not but that's a USD$1000 CPU you have

in fact I run my opty @ 2850 and < 1.5V (no multi-meter measure since moving to eXpert) crunching 24/7

current temps under full load (dual sp2004)

hasnt been running long yet, but I had it at 1.63v 2977 for 15 hours and the temps were

39c, 47, 40c - I did some fan switching around and got the pwmic down.

Don't forget the eXpert is 8-10C lower than reality in reporting temps............

Sweet man, there's a lot more people up there than I previously suspected.

Yeah it's pretty cold down here, too. Surely not as cold as where you live!

My family (I'm 16) has a condo up in Red Lake, Ontario where they mine a lot of gold. It's also good for fishing.

10,000 oeople in that town and every single one of them has a nice computer. I don't get it . . .

Anyway, I would be afraid of putting more than 1.55v onto that thing. But 1.6v won't kill it either.

Yea, I am afraid but curious all at the same time :)

20,000 here.

My friend had the same cpu at 3 gig on air with 1.5.... so something in my setup is causing the need for my voltage (psu/mobo)?

I think I will get a 170, try it out and compare... incase I fry one

lol

:dog: