First boot trouble Pease HELP!!!

Hello. :)

I just got a DFI NF4 DR with an AMD 3700+ Sandiego+ pc 3200 mem and Antec SoHO case with 500 w.

The problem is that when i try to start the pc with now only CPU, one ship mem in first orange 2 bank and VGA 7900GT. The pc start with no image at all on screen, i hear one beep and the cpu fan shut off after 2 seconds. ..that it.

The verification leds have only one top red light only , memory led is on( orange ) and next to the pci slots to ( orange ).

What is happening? thank you for any help

Thx.

You have to put a signature otherwise you will not get much help bro...

Do yu have all 4 power connectors plugged in?

It maybe normal for the cpu fan to shut off in 2 seconds because in bios the fan is set to start after the cpu reach a certain temperature..

when you switch on, does the diagnostic (verification) leds go from 4-3-2-1 ? and then stop at 1 led?

did you try clearing cmos?

Are you following the INITIAL BUILD GUIDE? please follow this..

clear cmos and load optimized defaults...

Is the monitor in standby or is it getting any signal when you switvh on?

OK i did exactly what the guide says but no boot, the monitor click twice , no image and cpu fan shut off.The leds goes from 4 red from bottom to 3 and 2 and one last on top red remain. I did clear the bios before as well.

i wonder if the cpu may be dead. To me it look like it's dead. :(

if its the cpu, the red leds *probably* wont go that far and stop at 4 leds..

Do you have another vid card to plug in and check... if not atleast re-seat the vid card..

Try re-seating the cpu if that didnt work.. *sometimes* it helps..

what is the psu you are using? one came with the case.. it could also be the psu not giving enough power to the board...

The PSU is from the case Soho Antec 500 w new. With just one ram stick, one fan and one MB I doubt the 7900 can take all the juice. To be sure I’m getting the RMA tomorrow morning and will see with a new CPU , when I got the cpu at list 8 or 10 pins were bent so I did unbent them for the cpu to enter into the socket.

SO I will see tomorrow morning with this new 3700+ A64

Well well i found the problem the 7900gT is coming with two VGA adapters. i was looking at everything and rechecked CPU entirely and it seamce ok when i decided to check the VGA adapter... bingo!!! i did change it and now it's working i guess one was mal functioning..a good lesson that we have to look everything. ;)