Sign in to follow this  
sgt.baker

Evga trde up program-should I?

the difference between a 256Mb card and a 512Mb card is like 2% at best, means pretty much nothing
Say that to your wallet? :shake:

I signed up for it the day the 7900 series came out. I stepped up to a 7900GTX EGS from my 7800gt oc, cost me $221 for shipping and upgrade. I was #68 in the que and I have jumped through all the hoops and I will be sending in my card on Monday.

As far as the 7900GTX SC version, there have been few cards to go around and the que is not moving. If you go for the EGS version the line is moving nicely and shouldnt be too long before you get your card.

I'm lucky I have an old X800XL laying around I can throw in till my new one gets here, thats the only downside of the step up program. All in all though, very well worth it.

And if you do go with a 7900GT, get the non oc one as there have been some probs with some of the early revisions, especially from Newegg. Seems someone loaded the wrong bios into the cards and they are not clocked to what they should be. They also oc very well from what I have seen on other forums.

Go check out the forums at Evga......

I jumped in to the queue at #332 on March 20th, for a 7900GTX SC, I'm now at #306. Not moving real fast, but I don't care. It will give them time to work some of the bugs out.

At the rate it's moving, I may even be able to change it to the G-80. Not really serious, but at this rate, who knows.

I jumped in to the queue at #332 on March 20th, for a 7900GTX SC, I'm now at #306. Not moving real fast, but I don't care. It will give them time to work some of the bugs out.

At the rate it's moving, I may even be able to change it to the G-80. Not really serious, but at this rate, who knows.

lol at the same rate

you decreased 26 in 12 days..

lol if im right thats 153.25 days of waiting left XD

i dont know if a single card upgrade could match the performance of just getting another 7800gt..maybe its a few bucks more but i'm pretty sure 2 7800gts would spank a 7900 anything...my sli--->

zz01.jpg

i dont know if a single card upgrade could match the performance of just getting another 7800gt..maybe its a few bucks more but i'm pretty sure 2 7800gts would spank a 7900 anything...my sli--->

zz01.jpg

ahem two 7800gts will not spank a 7900gtx oced to hell... i can bet you... lol somehow i have a feeling in my gut that what im saying is wrong

so dont flame me :D

im feeling a bit funny now.

that remains to be proven i guess hehe. btw i disagree about the framerates...for games anyway i think about 45-50fps it takes to be smooth.

Sign in to follow this