Evga trde up program-should I?

sgt.baker

I bought my card from Monarch for $265 with mail in rebate of $20 which still has not even been processed.So I went on the Evga website and applied for the trade up program.They will give me the purchase price of my card if I buy a card of more or equal value.I picked the cheapest 7900 gt which is 299.99.So it will cost me about $70 after all the shipping charges and I will have to go about 10 days without a card because they wont ship new one out until they receive mine.Do you think its worth it?This card didn't overclock great for me but it was already running at 470/1100.The best score I got with 3dmark06 was 4503 with card running at 480/1216.But I would get bad artifacs while gaming with this setting.But maybe its because of my power supply.Anyway,what would you do?Any suggestions.Maybe I should just try to sell my old card for $240.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 7900 GPU is 90 nm tech and are reputed to be great oc'ers.

correct, i believe a thread by angry was started about the 7900gt chips being underclocked versions of the 7900gtx chips.. anyhow they are great overclockers. would 2x7900gt beat one x1900xt (at least for now)? in terms of performance not framerate? i care about the eye candy.. not the fps, since the human eye sees evrything at 30fps.. its pointless to judge by framerate as the frames arent gonna fly faster thru ur head.

expect a long wait, the step up is way backed up. I'm #260 in the queue for a superclocked version of the 7900gtx. it could be a few months before i get mine. Demand is very high and supplies are low. It is moving a bit quicker for the gt's and the standard gtx. Really, if i wasn't now past my step up window, i'd cancel and go for the standard gtx and just hope i could oc to the superclock levels. Also, according to various forums, there have been some bad cards in the first couple of batches. Hopefully, that will work itself out.

I have two of the 7800gt's in the step-up program.....one had to be RMA'd so I wasn't able to sign up for it right away cuz I didn't have the serial number. The other one has already been processed and I am receiving it sometime next week.

It might take awhile at this point......I signed up for the sceond card about a week and a half ago and have not moved up in the queue yet. But hey, it only cost me about $20 per card to do it, so why not. Even if you have to wait for a couple of months you can trade up for such a cheap price. And if by then you need something bigger and better you can just sell off the new cards that they send you.

My $.02.....take advantage of it its one of the only reasons I deal with eVGA.

expect a long wait, the step up is way backed up. I'm #260 in the queue for a superclocked version of the 7900gtx. it could be a few months before i get mine. Demand is very high and supplies are low. It is moving a bit quicker for the gt's and the standard gtx. Really, if i wasn't now past my step up window, i'd cancel and go for the standard gtx and just hope i could oc to the superclock levels. Also, according to various forums, there have been some bad cards in the first couple of batches. Hopefully, that will work itself out.

I'm # 97 in the queue for the gt.I wonder how long it will take for me.I better not get a bad card that would not be good.I only paid 245 for my card after rebate,so I was thinking maybe its not worth it to do the trade in.I was gonna go with the superclocked but I would have to cancel and go to the end of the line again for that card.

lol long queues...

even if you do voltmod it you still will be missing 256mb of memory.. correct?

the difference between a 256Mb card and a 512Mb card is like 2% at best, means pretty much nothing