Hard drive failing (raid 0)...how to save ?

Today I have noticed one of my hard drives in raid 0 is making very crazy noises - after testing it, i have concluded that it is ready to fai (how soon...i dont know) - i have an rma going with hitachi (and the new hd will be here within 7-10 days)

since i have the hard drives running in raid 0 - is it possible, and how would i actually copy all the data from this hard drive onto my new one without loosing any information - if it wasn't in raid, i would know what to do - but id really hate loosing info

thank you :)

No way to remove a single bad drive from a raid-o array and have it copied to a another drive, and placed back into the array.

If you had another single large drive, you could ghost the image from the array onto that drive, then when the new array is built, ghost it back over...but that's kinda sloppy and may not work either.

Best way would be to save any important data onto cd's or dvd's. Build the new array and install the OS and programs, and then copy the important data from cd's and/or dvd's back onto the array (if you wanted to).

If you really hate losing info, I suggest not doing raid-0. Try one of the other types of raid (but they won't be as fast), or do regular backups to another seperate large drive.

No way to remove a single bad drive from a raid-o array and have it copied to a another drive, and placed back into the array.

If you had another single large drive, you could ghost the image from the array onto that drive, then when the new array is built, ghost it back over...but that's kinda sloppy and may not work either.

Best way would be to save any important data onto cd's or dvd's. Build the new array and install the OS and programs, and then copy the important data from cd's and/or dvd's back onto the array (if you wanted to).

If you really hate losing info, I suggest not doing raid-0. Try one of the other types of raid (but they won't be as fast), or do regular backups to another seperate large drive.

yeah, i guess i might just copy over the important data and do a frash install - wont hurt :) - theres my chance to try different stripe/cluster size hehehehehe