Mounting side fan on Wavemaster case?

I have a Blue Wavemaster case made by Coolermaster, and want to add a 120mm side intake fan. Is there any special procedure for this, or do I just plan, measure, and cut?

Also, where would the best place be to put it? Right over the CPU or near the front of the case?

Thanks.

I just changed out my exhaust fan for a Vantec Tornado modded for 7 Volts. This moves air and dropped my temps by about 7C. The 120 sounds good though. I'd try to cover the NF4 chipset area, the 7800 and the Ram. This would bring in room temp air which should improve overall temp and circulation. Good luck. I just couldn't bring my self to marring that surface.

I know what you mean :/

It's either that or removing the top ports to make room for a ceiling fan. I'm thinking of getting a second side panel from Coolermaster, one of the ones with a window. I can mod that one and keep the solid blue one as a backup.

If I ever mod my side duct again, it will be to place it above the video card and to use a 90 degree PVC pipe to duct it directly to the intake fan of the video card itself. By far the hottest component in my computer.

I saw a 4` Celisus drop by ducting the CPU on the side panel and am fairly happy with it.

I would suggest a Dremel with a Circular hole attachment for the cutting portion. Or a very large hole saw attachment for a drill (cost is high on these components).

Good luck.