Sign in to follow this  
AMDPOWERFIST

Chipset Fan???

My NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT boards chipset fan has come loose. its rattling and shaking my desk, and its really starting to . me, however after pulling it apart, i am unsure of how to re-attach it properly. It just wont go on...

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Personally, I bought an Evercool VC-RE to replace mine. On my Ultra-d, it maintained 36C-37C Loaded. Of course that's with temps in PC heath for full on at 36C. Runs 2400 normal and up to 5500 under load but no screaming and singing.

Other option is to contact RMA people down there and get a replacement of roiginal equipment. Send an email to [email protected] for contact info.

I bought the vc-re when I bought the board. I replaced the stock one as preventative maintenance. My chipset is running at about 40 C now as opposed to 45 C before I made the replacement. I figured it was smarter/easier to do before I but the machine together rather than having to disassemble everything later.

I bought the vc-re when I bought the board. I replaced the stock one as preventative maintenance. My chipset is running at about 40 C now as opposed to 45 C before I made the replacement. I figured it was smarter/easier to do before I but the machine together rather than having to disassemble everything later.

ERrr

Is that installing the evercool vc-re needs any mods or err grinding to make some holes?

I don really get it clearly..

Guest SuppA-SnipA

no you need any holes to grind lol

you take the heatsink/fan, take off the sticker, apply some AS5 onto the core, stick one pin into the motherboards holes, then slowly while bending in the next pin you push down the heatsink/fan

simple