Psu

FbernZ

bernZ']

I'm basically looking for a well built PSU that's supported by DFI-street and is super quiet [think NeoHE430 quiet, or SeasonicS12-430 quiet] according to SPCR's testing methods. Am I asking for too much here? ^^''.

Check on NCIX.com , that's where I bought my powerstream...I paid CAN$155 plus taxes and shipping, but they have very good prices overall...heck...you're in B.C. you might as well go to the store...lol

I think they're in Vancouver though....

Another good website to check is www.dangeo.com

that's in Alberta, but hey, there you don't pay the PST.....hehehehehe

Thanks for the head's up EDL.. I guess the only reason that DFI motherboards and DFI street REQUIRES a minimum of a 480W psu is because of trashy companies pushing out high wattage PSUs with no amperage to back it up [or false claims like operating temepratures at 25 degrees]

What kind of amperages should I be looking at then? Does 18 A 12V1+ / 18A 12V2+ sound good?

I'm aware of NCIX.com. I live on their forums.. ;)

My second question still hasn't been answered!

I've seen cases where people have problems with Seasonic PSUs [issues only with this particular motherboard though, something about it drawing too much 5+VSB?]

Is it true that the DFI Ultra-D draws more 5+VSB than most conventional motherboards?

I read the posts for 4 days before I chose the psu that I did. I see where you need a native 24 pin plug, not 20 +4. dual rail and 36-40 amps on the 12v. Also the peak on the 510 is about 610 so it is basically over rated. $219 @ newegg.

uh....

PC Power and Cooling is not quiet.. haha.

A native 24pin plug can also mean it can be SPLIT into 20 + 4. Native 24 can be split into 20 + 4, but with DFI motherboards you can't use the adaptor. That's how I saw it and understand it.

Final question then... Since no one seems to be answering it.

Would a Seasonic S12-500 work well with my setup?

I'm planning to drop my 6800gs to go for something like a 7800GT.. or perhaps a 7900GT.

The FSP Epsilon seems to be a good and by now proven choice, even if it hasn't been on the market for long. Why a mention this isn't to brag about my own buy, but since you're interested in getting a powerful but at the same time quiet PSU, this could actually be what you're looking for. I'm using the 600W, however if you're planning to have a system crowded by devices the 700W is probably a good choice for the future. It has form-factor ATX and EPS.