Sign in to follow this  
hemsky83

3800 x2, can't get above 2.1ghz!

you should be more specific...did u buy this pc as a whole or did you buy they parts and do it yourself...if you have to.....unplug the pc.....open side panel.....ground yourself on the case as to discharge static electricity..remove them ram module...... report back and let us know what you got..... we dont know...everyting thing different....now...i aint the one to be taking advice from....but...i do know that every thing has diff specs and just saying it is samsung is worse than calling a doctor...telling him your back hurts and asking him why...

sorry if i sound mean and rude and a psyco...but i have been dealing with ignorant people all day and im just pissed and had to vent...didnt mean to direct it @ you...

but i do get this 1 all the time...... "my computer is running really slow.....whats wrong with it...how do i fix it?..."

and my dad is a dr.....hence the analogy......

ok i took out one of the ram sticks and here is what it says:

Samsung PC3200 1GB DDR400 184Pin DIMM Memory OEM

there's 2 of these sticks

i built the pc myself.

is this good ram to have?

DRAM Frequency Set (Mhz) 100 (DRAM/FSB:1/02

CPC Enable

Tcl 2.5

Trcd 04 Bus Clocks

Tras 07 Bus Clocks

Trp 03 Bus Clocks

Trc 04 Bus Clocks

Trfc Auto

Trrd 02 Bus Clocks

Twr 02 Bus Clocks

Twtr 02 Bus Clocks

Tref 3120 Cycles

Twcl Auto

I dont know why nobody told you yet but this wont work dude, ever. How you can boot at HTT 200 beats me. TRC should be around 12 clocks and manually put TRFC around 16 to be safe.

Increase LDT and chipset volts a notch too before OC'ing any further. You can back them down if your final OC lets you to.

Good luck (and keep an eye on the OC guide)

If you wanna overclock your CPU, eliminate the memory of the equation, this might be holding you back...what I mean by this is put the memory in the lowest divider possible....and then on default voltage, try increasing the FSB....you have to find out the max of each component first before trying all at once

If you wanna overclock your CPU, eliminate the memory of the equation, this might be holding you back...what I mean by this is put the memory in the lowest divider possible....and then on default voltage, try increasing the FSB....you have to find out the max of each component first before trying all at once

yup that's what I was doing.

I dont know why nobody told you yet but this wont work dude, ever. How you can boot at HTT 200 beats me. TRC should be around 12 clocks and manually put TRFC around 16 to be safe.

Increase LDT and chipset volts a notch too before OC'ing any further. You can back them down if your final OC lets you to.

Good luck (and keep an eye on the OC guide)

thanks I will try this out right now.

ok so here's what happened after i changed the Trc to 12...

basically same thing but I found one thing odd...

at when I change FSB to 220, if the divider is 100(1/2) it only gets to the message "Verifying DMI Pool Data ......."... but if I change the divider to 180(9/10) then I can boot into windows but my system is not stable.

any other suggestions?

LDT and chipset voltages needed a .1v boost to get my system stable. But at lowet than a 250mhz FSB I can't see the voltage boost making a blind bit of difference.

So in the above post you've found that the 1/2 divider is absolutely worthless in terms of getting a stable system. You're geting closer with 9/10.

Keep experimenting; make copious notes, change one setting at a time.

P.S. what temps is your CPU at and do you have a fan on the memory?

I think these DFI boards are fine with default LDT and Chipset at least to 300, probably higher. I wonder if you may have changed other things at thes ame time you changed your voltages.

i have the exact same problem, anything after 230 (same cpu) i get the same error message, but i dont get dmi pool data, i just get all that writting at the top then a restart

A sensible thing to have is a rough idea of what you hope to achieve. Without top grade PSU, and generic ram; I'd think that 240mhz x10 CPU =2400mhz and a 9/10 (216mhz) or an 8/10 192mhz divider would be a reasonable first step goal.

Putting the memory on "the lowes possible divider" the .5 divider, makes a system unstable and is pointless.

230xwhat is unstable? and what are your BIOs settings and memory voltages??

ps.

Your system is Prime stable at stock, isn't it?!