Sign in to follow this  
Ti22

Random Booting Problem

Hey guys,

I've had my DFI NF4 Ultra D board for almost a month now and I've been having this problem with it.

Sometimes when I restart my computer it won't restart properly it would go to the POST show CPU and RAM info detect HDD and then when it goes to to the boot screen it won't do anything and stop at blinking cursor. and nothing

I have to press Reset several times for it to boot properly into window. Sometimes when I turn off and on the computer again it does the same thing its just not booting properly.

Whats the deal here I am using a good powersupply too Tagan 530 Watts. Modular PSU.

sometimes when I restart it won't even post just a blank screen and the CPU fan goes really loud. again I have to press reset several times for it to post

sometimes it posts but doesnt go to the Boot screen it just stops at blinking cursor.

its really annoying the . out of me. now there is one port on the motherboard the Molex connector which i haven't used since I didn't plug anything into. Am i supposed to plug something into there? plug a connection from the PSU into ther? anyway

after serveral resets it would booot into windows fine and after that it will run perfectly fine.

any ideas? updaint graphics driver can be such a pain cuz every time i restart or turn on my computer i have this problem. sometimes it will boot properly sometimes it wont boot.

Without the required sig. you won't get much help. The purpose of the sig. is to list your components so that people might know where your issues are.

And yes the molex power connector should be used.

ok here is an update

I just found the Floppy connector and the molex connector they are all plugged in now

problem still persist. when i do a change in the bios and save and exit it won't boot properly the only thing i can do is turn it off wait a while and turn it back on then it boots.

I am gonna try restarting the PC now see if the restarting problem is gone or not.

also i was looking at teh Diagnostics led

sometimes its stuck at 2 LED sometimes its stuck at 1 LED. i read tha 2 LED means VGA can't be detected now how the hell can this be? i am using the system rite now i tested the video card with lost coast etc.. its all good no artifacts nothing, game runs smooth.

You can probably take care of that problem by normal Clear CMOS. It's in my sig, just click on it for guidance.

the thing is i don't just wanna fix the problem once, its not an 'always' no boot sometimes it boots sometimes ti doesn't/

and sometimes it gets stuck at 2 debug light sometimes 1 debug light.

thats the thing its really annoying don't really know what the problem is when it works fine it works fine.

update:: ok since i figured that 2 LEDs means it can't detect teh video card i just changed the VGA Init Display to PCI rather than PCIExpress and now i no longer have problems restarting the computer. although again this problem is random it might crop up again.

I now have all 4 connectors connected to the Mobo hopefully the problem is gone now

if i have futher problems i will surely be posting here.

You are dealing with an Ultra-D board. I threatened to hammer it to bits several times.

Know you are worried. Don't be. The board is a Diva, temperamental and asocial.

Now one thing you have to learn is that the Clear CMOS will fix almost any problem such as what is occirring in your case. Your system is not STABLE. Clearing CMOS will help you to regain stability. Then you can test everything to make sure you have not any defective hardware. You can't test when you are unstable. All you can do is guess and it may take ten RMAs before you guess the right item.

Please start by clear CMOS, then enter BIOS and set Optimized Defaults and then start testing

Good hunting.

You are dealing with an Ultra-D board. I threatened to hammer it to bits several times.

Know you are worried. Don't be. The board is a Diva, temperamental and asocial.

Now one thing you have to learn is that the Clear CMOS will fix almost any problem such as what is occirring in your case. Your system is not STABLE. Clearing CMOS will help you to regain stability. Then you can test everything to make sure you have not any defective hardware. You can't test when you are unstable. All you can do is guess and it may take ten RMAs before you guess the right item.

Please start by clear CMOS, then enter BIOS and set Optimized Defaults and then start testing

Good hunting.

how is it not stable I can play games all day long when it boots that is. its just a booting issue.

the issue is back btw. its gay man. really gay

i will try and clear cmos and report back.

ok Cleared CMOS, followed the steps in ur sig

now all is good, (for now anyways)

i still have the problem that when i change something in the BIOS and save and exit i have to turn it off wait 30 secs then on again

but it boots everytime now.

i'll see though i have a feeling that this is a problem with the BIOS DFI needs to fix the bios.

i think what ever the outcome is now i'll have to settle with it since the board isn't exactly 'broken' so RMA isn't an option if i send it back they test it and it works i'll just waste my time and money.

hopefully its gonna be fine now. but now that u said that this board is a 'diva' i am not gonna worry anymore i'll just use it

ok the problem is back now! yay!

its definitely not any other part i am pretty sure its my motherboard, and i can't even RMA it cuz its not exactly 'broken' its more of a 'Buggy board'

I read the forums and found other people having same problems as me.

this blows.

Which bios do you have? It takes the 623 bios to support dual core CPU's so if you have it then that's not issue. A board that doesn't boot Randomly is grounds for an RMA.

Which bios do you have? It takes the 623 bios to support dual core CPU's so if you have it then that's not issue. A board that doesn't boot Randomly is grounds for an RMA.

the thing is if I RMA it and when they test it it works then i am not gonna get my money back! and they won't send me a new one. or refund me the money.

i have the latest bios from the DFI site i don't know what number that is but it says it supports FX60.

so if it suports FX60 it should support Athlon X2 4200+ the thing is i don't think its the motherboard i think its a BIOS issue DFI needs to fix it

I have found bioses later than the one i have written by i think HellFire and it had Warm Boot cure, the thing is those bios are alpha so i am not gonna risk it I am gonna wait for that bios to be stable then use it.

edit:: i just saw dude ur using that bios i am talking about how is it? I might flash it if it fixes the warm boot issue.