Sign in to follow this  
ben_stringer

is this psu Ok

The only problem I had w/ the Hyper is that it lacks the 12v 8-pin connector. However, your board doesn't require it. I haved used 2 of them & both of them work well.

Hiper-group has improved the Type-R since it was released. I've been using it for quite a time and I never encountered any problems, except from one cable being faulty (yes, I got some devices fried, but the contact with Hiper-group and the RMA went eventually smooth; I think this issue is something pretty rare). From my experience it's a very stable modular PSU, but even if it's SLI certified I wouldn't recommend that option with a OC:ed system.

Just a side-note: you list the possibility of using two 6600 in SLI, but I think it could be a good idea to rethink. As it is now I'm quite sure you get much more for the money by as a first step looking for a faster single graphic-card (and easier, with about the same performance). Just a thought.

A lot of people around here will tell you that modular PSUs aren't as good as traditional PSUs.

The modular connections tend to decrease efficiency thus decreasing performance.

I like mine, but I would have to agree.

Unless looks are more important than performance, stay away from that PSU.

That said, you'll most likely not have any problems with it. But you might.

i have that psu -- hipy r black version and so far so good - i cant complain but

then i only got it all together about a week ago --

started up first time and been on since - i use my computer almost 24/7

i am not OC that much - not to the extreme but just a little --

i like this psu - but i have one video card only and most likely would stay that way since i dont play the hardcore games anyway -

it is very guiet -- i didnt think it was on at first :)

The Hyper modular connectors are unlike the other modulars. I don't think those issues would apply.

Sign in to follow this