Sign in to follow this  
Macbeth

Need help how do I upgrade BIOS without windows being installed?

I am totally new and i need in-depth help how to update my bios.

i downloaded it on my other pc but i dont know how to put it on my new pc because this is the first time ive ever had to do this.

First ask yourself why you want to even flash without see if there is any problems? Second you haven't even installed windows to see if you even have any problems in 2d/3d modes. Which bios version are you planning to flash to? I've been using an USB Flash-Drive since for my bios/firmware flashing so far so good. I think it actually works better then floppy disks which should of been extinct by now if it wasn't for Raid/Sata drivers being installed prior to Windows XP installation and other things. I'm sure you can find the information you're looking for in one of these threads here in hour forum. Just search man...good luck!

Note:If you do have a USB Flash drive then you'll also need a floppy drive to setup the flash drive to boot which is totally retarded i know. Usually there are four different ways to flash the motherboard bios, one with Floppy Drives at boot and that also goes with Flash Drives and CD-ROMs, the other is a utility you can download from your motherboard manufacture's website only if you're running Windows to flash in windows. Good Luck!

First ask yourself why you want to even flash without see if there is any problems? Second you haven't even installed windows to see if you even have any problems in 2d/3d modes. Which bios version are you planning to flash to? I've been using an USB Flash-Drive since for my bios/firmware flashing so far so good. I think it actually works better then floppy disks which should of been extinct by now if it wasn't for Raid/Sata drivers being installed prior to Windows XP installation and other things. I'm sure you can find the information you're looking for in one of these threads here in hour forum. Just search man...good luck!

OK

1st: I know there are problems.

2nd: I can't install windows due to these problems

3rd: I have no idea how to update BIOS so could somebody PLEASE tell me (without horribly complicated links)

This is my problem with installing windows:

OK I just built this computer (IN SIG) but when i try installing windows, it always gets this error "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" while it is in the "copying files for installation" stage (blue screen w/ yellow loading bar). I tried windows XP Pro with SP2 and windows XP Home with no SP, same results!

Any help/enlightenment would be appreciated.

I think thats where your problem is because you have 2 hd and the OS is trying to install on both at the same time. If you are not going to use a RAID then remove the other hd for now and install the OS, but if you want RAID then here is a good guide by A_G, used it myself. Try it out and let us know.

http://www.angrygames.com/nf4raid-1.htm :nod: