evga 7900 bios problems

Serrinon

Hi all, I understand that the first batch of evga 7900's has a bios problem that the engineers are working to fix:

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard...?TOPIC_ID=13522

I ordered this card a week ago Tuesday and it should be arriving soon. I figure I may be one of those unlucky few that got the busted 7900,

Does anyone know more about this issue? Will I need to RMA my card, or will they have a patch or download?

Where did you order your 7900 series? I just looked around the net and several different information popped up regarding eVGA's 7900GT superclock freeze issue and 7900GTX problems as well. I'll have to do alittle research here....some say they've RMA'd there card which sounds like a hardware issue rather then a bios or driver issue so far.

Your card that you ordered is the 500/1.5GHz speed card....

Where did you order your 7900 series? I just looked around the net and several different information popped up regarding eVGA's 7900GT superclock freeze issue and 7900GTX problems as well. I'll have to do alittle research here....some say they've RMA'd there card which sounds like a hardware issue rather then a bios or driver issue so far.

Bummer, I ordered my EVGA 7900 GT (not over clocked) from Newegg on the 21st. The rest of my rig has not arrived yet (still making its way from california), but the card is sitting at home and I'll post the product number etc... tonight when I'm home if that info would help.

Don't worry about the product number since you have already given that info remember? "256-P2-N563-AX" is the model number which seems to be going well from other newegg customers at least if you have read all the reviews in Newegg.com regarding your card. When you do get all your system components go ahead and set it up and go through the procedure on memtesting your memory and everything at default clocks to see if you're stable before installing Windows. If you don't do as i suggest and you run into problems you'll have a hard time understanding if your 7900 is the issue or other components when you do install your games and browse the internet and such. I hope this helps....

Don't worry about the product number since you have already given that info remember? "256-P2-N563-AX" is the model number which seems to be going well from other newegg customers at least if you have read all the reviews in Newegg.com regarding your card. When you do get all your system components go ahead and set it up and go through the procedure on memtesting your memory and everything at default clocks to see if you're stable before installing Windows. If you don't do as i suggest and you run into problems you'll have a hard time understanding if your 7900 is the issue or other components when you do install your games and browse the internet and such. I hope this helps....

Thank you for the advice. I'm actually a newbie, and have never run memtest before. Do you happen to have a link that explains how I go about doing that?

Thanks!