ATI graphic card problem

Hey guys, I recently sold off my 6800GT's in SLI and replaced them with a Powercolor x1900XTX. I had it running fine for awhile water cooled and several days back my board just wouldn't boot up. Had the 3 red led's light up so I thought it was a CPU or RAM issue.

Tested everything else on another board and they all work fine except for the XTX. Now the XTX won't boot into WinXP. It restarts the system right before the scrolling bar shows even on a fresh install. On my mirror image of my previous OS, I get a BSOD which says BAD_POOL_HEADER but everything seems to work fine if I login WinXP in Safe Mode.

I dunno but it seems that my board hates ATI cards. I've tried flashing to Bigtoe's latest BIOS but that didn't seem to change anything. It's weird how the XTX works perfectly fine for installing WinXP and in DOS. All the problems start when I attempt to login WinXP.

Any clues or suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

You are not the only one facing the problem.I too get the same error along with

IRQL-Not-Less-Or-Equal.The system would be working fine,and suddenly it crash's and i get the error message plus the bios boot up logo would be scrambled.The same think happens randomly when i cold start or at times when i restart the pc.

But i think it is not paticular to this board alone,as i was getting the same errors with my Lanparty SLI-DR and Abit Fatal1ty AN8 Sli boards.

All the above boards worked fine with the x850xt.

I think nvidia and x1900xtx don,t get along or maybe a bios update would fix this problem.

its not a bad idea... dfi is a second tier mb company compared to asus which is known for reliability and ease of setup. dfi doesn't offer the rd580 in their mb's and it is said that te asus a8r32 overclocks very well too

MY boot screen with the DFI lanparty logo is all funky colors, is that how it's supposed to be? I too run an x1900xt video card but i'm not having any problems. (yet) anyway.

But my system is quite unstable. Try formating and re-installing?

i get that weird all discolored boot dfi logo screen also, i couldn't find any way to fix it. its just one of the problems with dfi boards. if you're having problems now prepare for more problems down the road..

i get that weird all discolored boot dfi logo screen also, i couldn't find any way to fix it. its just one of the problems with dfi boards. if you're having problems now prepare for more problems down the road..

That's two flames in one thread!

Are you trying to say something about DFI motherboards? LOL

Is there a problem with the Ultra-D board in your sig?

That's two flames in one thread!

Are you trying to say something about DFI motherboards? LOL

Is there a problem with the Ultra-D board in your sig?

If you read my previous post you can see that the instability problem is there on all the following boards,

1.DFI Lanparty SLI-DR

2.DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR Expert

3.Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLI

The discoloured bootup log is seen in all 3 boards but with bios 20 in the abit board this problem disappered but the instability remained.

So i feel that there is a problem with nForce4 chipset and x1900 cards.

AH just great!!! that was a primary concern before i splashed out on this system! i asked all around the net if there would be a problem or known problem running an ATI card (x1900xt) on a nvidia based MB (NF4) and everyone said "yeah no problems, there just PCI-E graphics cards that plug into PCI-E Slots on the motherbaord, there compatible"

But this thread almost confirms there to be an issue at least when running ATI on NF4 with the bootup screen coming out in funky colors.

Just flashed my Bios using that dudes ISO image, noticed all the colors are funky/corrupt there too. I'm not fussed about funky colors outside of windows but if there is issues with stabilty like your having i'm gonna either have to sell this x1900xt and get a nvidia card or changeover to a ATI based chipset motherboard. Farkin sick of instabilty problems. If anyone manages to check out my thread on instability with my combination , and has any possible suggestions/things to try please let me know! i've tried everything everyone has offered and i'm still having farking BSOD's. *really stressed out*