cant be this much -- can it??

Im just going through the process of finding the max of each component - at the moment, I am pushing the HTT/FSB. I set the CPU mutli to 6, set my chipset voltage up a notch and put the RAM on the 1/2 divider.

I progressed from 200 all the way up to 370 last night, something I didnt expect to be able to do. I have heard that 320 is about right for the max, so im thinking I did something wrong (e.g. when I lowered the HTT multi to 3).

The guide I am following says for this section, you only need to be able to boot - no priming etc is neccessary. Later on, when Im pushing the RAM and CPU, then I will need to prime, but not for the HTT/FSB

Is all this OK??

but 370?? Surely thats too much?? I havent push it further tho - should I have lowered the HTT multi? I thought that if i didnt, as soon as I start pushing 1050Mhz on the HTT, it will stop booting and not represent the true maximum of the HTT/FSB - is this correct??

Guest Indred

From my understanding If you get the HTT over 1g then you could possibly start to have crupt files on your harddrives and start getting errors and even croupt windows to the point of having to reinstall. And I can't do the search right now(dial up at work) There is not much performance gain from running say 800-890mhz on HTT rather then running 1g so its better IMHO to leave it lower. I know you can oc some but I've no idea how much just some thing i think you would have to play with. Just my .2 cents ;)