Maximum Fsb?

Are You all people getting stable 300 fsb`s with your NF3 (754)???

Witch kind multi are u using?? Voltages, any help?

are u using additional cooling?

thanx

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually it's hard to do 300HTT(FSB) at the default multiplier in most cases, but it can be done. Yes, adding more voltage will stablize your overclock at higher HTT in order to get to 300. Cooling is very important, because you don't want to have the processor overheat and be unstable then you'll never achieve better results. Now i believe that 3000+ has a 10x multiplier by default correct? I had an AMD64 3000+ 939 Socket at 300x9(default multi) @1.65v and it would never run Prime stable, but that would only hit 2.7GHz. Also overclocking at high speeds you'll need a stable high end PSU at all times as well. Plus you'll have to use dividers if your ram is going to hold your processor back as well. I hope this helps...take care....

Yes, using default multi at the moment (10x260)

Mem should be able to hit 260MHz, but it Doesnt.. Maybe due to the 754 platform, or the mem is dud... 216MHz on tight timings.. So my options are getting narrow..

Im using RAID on port 3..

The problem is continous rebooting on higher FSB, even on high mb voltages..

Yes, using default multi at the moment (10x260)

Mem should be able to hit 260MHz, but it Doesnt.. Maybe due to the 754 platform, or the mem is dud... 216MHz on tight timings.. So my options are getting narrow..

No.It dont hurt to use a divider on the memory if you keep the tight timmings. Your memorys holding you back. if it runs tight at DDR400 put it on a divider and run 9x???? or evern 8x345 @2760. But then you will better be for getting another CPU cooler.You would be very supprised at the differents between 2600 and 2750

Mine hits 360 ALSO just depends on how hard you wont to push it. And if so. are you willing to lose it

What is your multi when you use 360 as your fsb? I am saying your max cpu speed cannot exceed 2600 MHz which can be 260fsb x 10xHtt or 360x7.

edit: we are talking about AMD64 3000+ single core here.

What is your multi when you use 360 as your fsb? I am saying your max cpu speed cannot exceed 2600 MHz which can be 260fsb x 10xHtt or 360x7.

edit: we are talking about AMD64 3000+ single core here.

Why not? 8x360 But trust me youll never see that But 8x340 ant to much to ask for. IF you have a E6.Forget about the memory. make it work around the cpu INstead of the cpu working around the memory.CPU MHz is the king

Well thats not really the case most think they have to stick at 9x or 10x And make there CPU work around there memory and if you have a E6 one 2900 can be had. But most people waste to many brain cell on memory

Mem should be able to hit 260MHz, but it Doesnt.. Maybe due to the 754 platform, or the mem is dud... 216MHz on tight timings..

I think 216Mhz for the G-Skill ZX's is quite normal, you'd be doing well to get 260Mhz outta them. Maybe its the HZ's your thinking of?