Sign in to follow this  
Supa_chiney

this damn board is drving me crazy....

Man.... ever since i got this mobo its been a nightmare.... first cold booting issues, i flashed the BIOS and then it "worked".. then the damn chipset will start overheating and freezing my PC, now while im waiting for a replacement fan i was playing last night my PC crashed (because of the chipset overheating) and now all i get are the 4 LEDS i've tried everything i saw on the forums.... and nothing.

Hello,

How hot was it getting?

If it was over heating why did you continue to use it, you may have cooked it.

Ultra X-Finity 500w PSU

this psu is known to be underpowered, and even dangerous (as some users have found out the hard way)

you can choose to argue with us about this particular piece of hardware, but the arguments will fall on deaf ears here because we have simply experienced too many negatives with these psu's, and they are almost always teh root of all problems in the user's system that has one.

I am not saying 100% that it is the exact cause of your problems, but until you have a psu that meets our specs from teh psu recommendations thread (look in the Recommendations section), everyone at this forum will continue to tell you that the Ultra-X psu is worthless on a DFI NF4 motherboard.

Well maybe not overheating but just getting hot!, It was getting around 52° then it would just freeze, but after that what i used to do to keep it cool was keep my case open and used my room fan as a cooler :shake: in the meanwhile and temps were down to like 42-47 at full load and even tho it would crash sometimes.

Psshh 75° i bet no one can get the chipset to more than 55° before the PC will just crash.. and i dont think the PSU is the problem because everything was doing "fine" the only problem was the chipset getting hot.

I think the chipset getting hot is the problem because i was using Nvmonitor(yeah yeah I know its not precise at all) and everytime i heard the beeping i knew chipset was hot already and after about 3-4 mins the pc would just freeze..

Well maybe not overheating but just getting hot!, It was getting around 52° then it would just freeze, but after that what i used to do to keep it cool was keep my case open and used my room fan as a cooler :shake: in the meanwhile and temps were down to like 42-47 at full load and even tho it would crash sometimes.

Psshh 75° i bet no one can get the chipset to more than 55° before the PC will just crash.. and i dont think the PSU is the problem because everything was doing "fine" the only problem was the chipset getting hot.

I think the chipset getting hot is the problem because i was using Nvmonitor(yeah yeah I know its not precise at all) and everytime i heard the beeping i knew chipset was hot already and after about 3-4 mins the pc would just freeze..

I can get my chipset up to 80C and the pc will not shut down (i've ran it without any cooler/fan attached and only an 80mm fan blowing in that general direction just to see since it is rated to 90C). If your temps were only 50-ish then the chipset is not the problem (it wouldnt be the problem even at 70C)

as I said earlier, you can believe your own words that the psu is not a problem

but you know...this is a forum all about DFI, and mostly about DFI NF4...and you know...almost 20,000 members...and you know....we've seen our share of Aspire and Ultra-X psu's that WERE teh problem (and I know of maybe TWO users total out of 300+ that had one of these that it DOES work properly...and out of the 300+ that had these psu's, all of them fixed it by getting a recommended psu...but some only learned that lesson after their cpu or memory or vid card or hdd or combinations were burned out by a popping and then smoking Ultra-X Connect 500w psu...).

but like I said, you can choose to believe what you want, we are ok with that here.

and as I mentioned, the chipset is not the problem...sounds like you have a stability issue but you want to blame it on a hot chipset when we've told you that the chipset getting up past 50C is NOT going to cause a motherboard to freeze (feel free to search the forum and see if you can find a thread where a chipset getting 50C was the problem on any user's issue)

this psu is known to be underpowered, and even dangerous (as some users have found out the hard way)

I have to disagree with you on this Angry, I read the thread on the "PSU's to avoid" and it states that the Ultra X-Connect is the one to avoind first of all because it's a 20 pin PSU, but the one the gentleman has is a X-finity, which is a NATIVE 24pin, and it's also SLI Certified....now Nvidia wouldn't certify a PSU if it was crap now would it?

I have to disagree with you on this Angry, I read the thread on the "PSU's to avoid" and it states that the Ultra X-Connect is the one to avoind first of all because it's a 20 pin PSU, but the one the gentleman has is a X-finity, which is a NATIVE 24pin, and it's also SLI Certified....now Nvidia wouldn't certify a PSU if it was crap now would it?

thanks man :cool:

lol

*sigh*

*double sigh*

you know...arguing with you guys who know more than we do is just...pointless, so we'll not bother to argue anymore, ok?

(your post says edited but I accidentally hit edit instead of quote)