Sign in to follow this  
thedougster

Help with what Video card

Hi guys I know you hate these open ended questions but I am just about to buy my RAM (Gskill 2GB) and Video card but don't really know much about graphics cards.

I was thinking about getting the eVGA Geforce 6800GS 256-P2-N386-AX Video Card from newegg this one but i am not sure if it is the best value for me. I have about a maximum spend of $230 and was looking to see if anyone can help me choose the best value for that kind of money.

Thanks guys always appreciate the amount of knowledge you have.

The Dougster

it really depends on what you do with your machine....if you game, at what resolution? 6800GS are decent but for about $230 you could prolly get a used 7800GT.

yeah the 7600 is the newer gen of budget cards.. go for that.. cheapest is 189 dollars i ve seen..

Essentially they're all the same, just comes down to what the brand offers.

As far as I'm concerned evga is still the best, offers a great warranty, hell they let you overclock their cards and put different heatsinks on if you want to. As long as you don't crush it with a hammer its pretty much covered. :)

They also have the step-up program, so you can upgrade to a new card within 90 days for a bit of savings.

Another point of note for the 7600, there is an easy pencil voltage mod that alows some pretty significant overclocks on it, so you really can get a LOT for your money. :nod:

Sign in to follow this