Sign in to follow this  
richiec77

What memory = Good 4 OC and DFI Expert?

Yea I have these OCz Gold Xtc pc4000 Currently I am testing em at 2.7ghz 270x10 1T I been gamin for 4hours on end with no probs My past and prime stable OC is 2.6ghz (260x10) Prime95 and Memtest stable for 12hrs

Edit: Gona prime Test these new settings @ 2.7ghz tonight I havnt done so but been on 4 hr gaming sprees since yesterday morning :P

If I could get them to work @275 I'll be a happy man :D

try lowering the volts to 2.5 this and vcore special voltage setting to 104.8% should help stabilize... good luck :P

Well I am thinking of maybe getting Patriot Low Latency 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 667MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Kit. Will this work woth the expert board? It says it is compatible with nVidia NF4 SLI chipsets, so I am assuming yes. Also, looking at Mushkin 2GB DDR XP4000 Extreme Performance Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB) CAS3 or G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 (2x1GB) CAS3 Dual Channel Kit. Can someone give me advice as to which they think I will work with my mobo. I am struggling to choose!!! Last memory I bought was . so I definitely need the advice. That's of course if they accept my RMA HA HA

Well I am thinking of maybe getting Patriot Low Latency 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 667MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Kit. Will this work woth the expert board? It says it is compatible with nVidia NF4 SLI chipsets, so I am assuming yes. Also, looking at Mushkin 2GB DDR XP4000 Extreme Performance Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB) CAS3 or G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 (2x1GB) CAS3 Dual Channel Kit. Can someone give me advice as to which they think I will work with my mobo. I am struggling to choose!!! Last memory I bought was . so I definitely need the advice. That's of course if they accept my RMA HA HA

It's compatable with the intel Nf4, not AMD, AMD is not ddr2 compatable at the moment.

Been looking at these: G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 (2x1GB) CAS3 Dual Channel Kit from overclockers.co.uk they are ddr500. What does everybody think? WHat are mushkins like? they are doing the redline Mushkin 2GB DDR XP4000 Redline Extreme Performance Dual Channel. are these compatible with dfi expert board? seem to remember something about these being a problem? I could be wrong though....

I have been using the Mushkin Redline XP4000 1 GB memory sticks for about 6 weeks now. I am running 3-3-2-6 1t timings. My experience has been pretty good, in that my memory seems stable to about 262 MHz. I run a 180 divider in the BIOS, as I am overclocked to 10 x 269 MHz. I was hoping for more, due to the hype of the early tests with this memory, but certainly cannot complain.

I would say this is great memory if you have a CPU with at LEAST a 10 multiplier, or if you limit the memory speed to 257 MHz or so. If you are hoping for/need it to be stable up into the 280-290 MHz range you will be disappointed.

Thanks for all the replys but none of you have actually answered my question. I'll narrow it down for you.....Do I go for:

a) Mushkin 2GB DDR XP4000 Extreme Performance Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB) CAS3

B) G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 (2x1GB) CAS3 Dual Channel Kit

c) OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold GX XTC Series EL-DDR CAS3

thanks in advance it's just I wanna get good compatible memory and OC to 2.5/2.6 GHz stable. Are these all compatible for opty dualcores and dfi expert? What do you guys think?

Ummm.... A64 is DDR(1), DDR2 is strictly Intel until AMD socket AM2 comes out. Get the G.Skill HZ, so boringly reliable you just forget it's there.

I keep reading that more recent batches of OCZ EB, G.Skill HZ, Mushkin Redline all overclock less than earlier batches. So you might as well get the cheapest.

Cheers stone cold. Was leaning towards the OCZ but overclockers are fresh out. Might just go with the the mushkin's....or maybe the g-skill....grrrrr I can't decide!!!!

Not too bothered for the minute, still waiting for my RMA to be decided, only sent it off today. I threw out the card insert that comes with the memory and have sent them back just the plastic casing (with memory inside obviously). Hopefully they won't kick up too much of a stink about it. Even if they do I will swear blind that it came like that and then I will switch and say that they must have knowingly supplied me with secondhand RAM and that is unacceptable!!! lol. You gotta be smart people!! (well smart enough not to buy pc3200 in the first place).

So hopefully whatever RAM I do decide on will help me get the OC i want without such a bad divider, had it running at 166MHz on the g-skill memory, even then it wasn't stable, could only get through 6 hours on prime before error.

ok cool that's 1 vote each for the mushkin and the g skill, anyone else?

As previously mentioned, the Mushkin Redline memory has worked very well for me. I like it, and think it is one of the best memories available in 1 GB sticks.

Just keep in mind that your Opteron 165 only has a 9x multiplier, and with a goal of 2.6 GHz, your FSB will be up at 288.88 MHz. You are going to need some kind of divider to get almost any memory working with those FSB speeds.

A 180 divider would have the Mushkin memory running right at the limit at about 260 MHz, and there have been reports of 3D gaming problems at those memory speeds.

To be safe, you would want to run a 166 divider, and this puts the memory speed at 239.77 MHz, which it will do without even raising the VDIMM voltage from stock.

I have heard others getting better results with the G. Skill HZ memory, but perhaps those were isolated cases like what was happening with the first few batches of Mushkin Redline.

If you go with any of the memory choices you listed, you should be fine. If I was you and could get the G.Skill at the same price as the rest, I would try that. From what I read, you would **possibly** be able to run the G.Skill HZ memory on a 180 divider, and that would give you a slight performance boost. I hope this all helps.