My Specs - One last check

Sivartus

I would drop the memory and northbridge cooling. Change your memory to the OCZ DDR500 or G.SkillDDR500. Both are about $160 or so at newegg. For the Northbridge, pick up the evercool vc-re from jab-tech. You could put those savings towad a nicer monitor.

@MONTY: Your Sig is sick nice

@Sivartus: Another vote for OCZ memory DDR 500. I only plan on getting the 1gb, but look at that rebate...

Thanks, all i did on it was the background and text. The lanparty logo was made by kccustom

About the memory, Mine comes in the mail today, I'll keep you posted.

Raptor drives = waste of money

go for a couple of 80GB Hitachi SATA II drives for RAID-0 (they are about $55 or so each) and then a single 250-400 Hitachi SATA II drive for storage.

I would also go with just a single NEC 3550A DVD-RW drive as there's no need for a cd/dvd and then a cd-rw + dvd reader (and I've only used a single DVD-RW drive for the last few years myself on all my rigs and don't miss a 'second' optical drive at all)

why would ya want a 15" monitor?

excellent 19" monitors can be found for about that same price (CRT) and LCD's are usually in the $275-$350 range (hey...that money you saved from NOT buying Raptor drives and forgetting about "memory cooling" which is useless waste of money at best might be enough to get you into a killer 19" LCD)

chipset (you call it northbridge but that is not accurate) cooling = Evercool VC-RE vga/chipset cooler from www.jab-tech.com @ $7.95...it's a forum favorite and I have probably 8 of them now ;)

cpu cooling = click the bottom link in my sig, and then look at the Thermalright XP-90 for $27.99...the Zalmans are good but you aren't going to really get more performance out of it, and everything I overclock to the balls-out max is with a Thermalright XP-90 first before I put it on watercooling (and I've never found any aircooler to be so superior to the XP-90 as to allow MORE overclock...so again, shave a few bucks off and put it towards a killer monitor)

sound card...why would you step BACKWARDS with a 'sound blaster' or anything less than an Audigy2 ZS? The onboard sound is superior to all pci sound except Audigy2/4, X-Fi, and Turtle Beach Catalina (whatever the 7.1 is...but I prefer Audigy2/X-Fi myself).

Save yourself $20 and just use the onboard sound...it truly is superior to your choice.

RAM = the Mushkin is good, but it is made with Samsung UCCC chips...and as far as I know, the Gskill and OCZ models are cheaper (and use the same UCCC chips). Save yourself a few more bucks and look at the Gskill PC4000 with UCCC or the OCZ PC4000 EL or GXC.

Monitor: 15" monitor is insane with that video card. I run on a 19" LCD with the same card and find myself wishing I had a higher resolution display.

Case: Looks good, however, I got sick of mine very quickly. Just something worth considering.

HDD: Benchmarks have shown that two 3.0GB/s drives in RAID+0 are just as fast as Raptors in RAID+0, but cost half as much!

RAM Cooling: Waste of money, wont gain any performance whatsoever.

Chipset: Evercool VC-RE. Known to work well with DFI motherboards.

Raptor drives = waste of money

go for a couple of 80GB Hitachi SATA II drives for RAID-0 (they are about $55 or so each) and then a single 250-400 Hitachi SATA II drive for storage.

I would also go with just a single NEC 3550A DVD-RW drive as there's no need for a cd/dvd and then a cd-rw + dvd reader (and I've only used a single DVD-RW drive for the last few years myself on all my rigs and don't miss a 'second' optical drive at all)

why would ya want a 15" monitor?

excellent 19" monitors can be found for about that same price (CRT) and LCD's are usually in the $275-$350 range (hey...that money you saved from NOT buying Raptor drives and forgetting about "memory cooling" which is useless waste of money at best might be enough to get you into a killer 19" LCD)

chipset (you call it northbridge but that is not accurate) cooling = Evercool VC-RE vga/chipset cooler from www.jab-tech.com @ $7.95...it's a forum favorite and I have probably 8 of them now ;)

cpu cooling = click the bottom link in my sig, and then look at the Thermalright XP-90 for $27.99...the Zalmans are good but you aren't going to really get more performance out of it, and everything I overclock to the balls-out max is with a Thermalright XP-90 first before I put it on watercooling (and I've never found any aircooler to be so superior to the XP-90 as to allow MORE overclock...so again, shave a few bucks off and put it towards a killer monitor)

sound card...why would you step BACKWARDS with a 'sound blaster' or anything less than an Audigy2 ZS? The onboard sound is superior to all pci sound except Audigy2/4, X-Fi, and Turtle Beach Catalina (whatever the 7.1 is...but I prefer Audigy2/X-Fi myself).

Save yourself $20 and just use the onboard sound...it truly is superior to your choice.

RAM = the Mushkin is good, but it is made with Samsung UCCC chips...and as far as I know, the Gskill and OCZ models are cheaper (and use the same UCCC chips). Save yourself a few more bucks and look at the Gskill PC4000 with UCCC or the OCZ PC4000 EL or GXC.

what i was gonna say, all in a nutshell. personally, i wouldnt use "northbridge" cooling and would get rid of the raptors like angry said...